sept9.4.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 178

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really like the canadian 5 cent, never seen one before. Nice Indian Heads too. Great stuff.

Good luck,
HH.

OP
OP
Giant056

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BandB1 said:
Really like the canadian 5 cent, never seen one before. Nice Indian Heads too. Great stuff.

Good luck,
HH.
The thing that's neat about the old Canadian silver is the content is .925, this is my first old one yet, my brother found 2 of them in the same area the day before but they were queen Victoria 5 cents and both a little older. After 1919 they went to 80% silver instead of .925(sterling)

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Giant, your finds are exceptional! :thumbsup: Love the IH's and Canadian coin. I am so envious.

Can I ask how large an area you are covering or roughly how many hours you have spent?
I know I need to broaden my searches and spend more time to find some better stuff but TIME is the missing element right now for me.

HH

OP
OP
Giant056

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michiganne said:
Wow, Giant, your finds are exceptional! :thumbsup: Love the IH's and Canadian coin. I am so envious.

Can I ask how large an area you are covering or roughly how many hours you have spent?
I know I need to broaden my searches and spend more time to find some better stuff but TIME is the missing element right now for me.

HH
Anne my brother found the spot out in Battle creek last Friday and I've been using the small coil (4x6DD) on my MXT it works really good for areas with a lot of trash, I just go real low and slow and listen for the faint signals, I've never used an Ace 250 but I've heard a lot of good things about them, Al at Prostock detectors told me it was his top seller :thumbsup: The spot was about 2 city blocks long and most of the finds were between where the sidewalk was and the road, the silver 5 cent was in a patch of grass though (where they hadn't dug) and it was a faint sound so I dug it thinking ah it's probably a zinc but you never know!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread