THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Here's the results from the Anniversary hunt yesterday.
Not too shabby for previous hit locations.

Here's the results from the Anniversary hunt yesterday.
Not too shabby for previous hit locations.

Sweet!
I like all the sites there.
Church site seems quietest (from human traffic) in my imagination. And wanting visited.

IMG_7721.jpg

Blokes …….🤔……!!!! 😂 xx
Here are some British slang terms for women12:
  • Bint: An offensive and vulgar slang for women, especially prostitutes or those with promiscuous activities.
  • Bird: Primarily British, “bird” is used to refer to a young woman or girl.
  • Bonnie: Chiefly Scottish slang for an attractive female or woman.
  • Carlin: A Scottish slang term for an old woman.
  • Covess: A Scottish slang term for a woman

Here are some British slang terms for women12:
  • Bint: An offensive and vulgar slang for women, especially prostitutes or those with promiscuous activities.
  • Bird: Primarily British, “bird” is used to refer to a young woman or girl.
  • Bonnie: Chiefly Scottish slang for an attractive female or woman.
  • Carlin: A Scottish slang term for an old woman.
  • Covess: A Scottish slang term for a woman
Ahh Now i quite like Bint… !! Just had to re watch your monty python scene… that will never not be funny 😂 xx

stone-cold what.gif

A cuppa: A cup of tea. Commonly used when someone wants to express a desire for a hot beverage, particularly tea.

Example sentence: “I fancy a cuppa after that long walk.”

All right: A greeting or inquiry about one’s well-being. Used as a casual way to say hello and check in on someone.

Example sentence: “All right, mate? How’s it going?”

Arse: Buttocks or backside. A more informal and potentially humorous term for the posterior.

Example sentence: “I nearly fell on my arse when I slipped on the ice.”

Banter: Playful and teasing conversation. Often used in the context of joking and light-hearted exchanges.

Example sentence: “We always have good banter at the pub.”

Bender: A drinking spree or a period of overindulgence in alcohol. Describes a session of heavy drinking, often lasting for an extended period.

Example sentence: “He’s been on a bender all weekend.”

Bevvy: Alcoholic drink. Refers to a beverage, typically an alcoholic one, and is commonly used in the context of going out for drinks.

Example sentence: “Let’s go to the pub for a few bevies.”

Bird: A woman or girlfriend. Sometimes used informally to refer to a romantic partner.

Example sentence: “I’m going out with the bird tonight.”

Bite your arm off: Eagerly and enthusiastically accepting an offer. Implies a strong desire or willingness to accept something.

Example sentence: “If you offer him a job, he’ll bite your arm off.”

Blimey: An exclamation of surprise or shock. Used to express amazement or disbelief.

Example sentence: “Blimey, that was unexpected!”

Bloke: A man or guy. A common term to refer to a male individual.

Example sentence: “He’s a friendly bloke I met at the pub.”

Bloody: An intensifier or expression of frustration. Used for emphasis or to convey irritation.

Example sentence: “It’s been a bloody long day.”

Bog: Toilet or bathroom. An informal term for the facilities where one relieves themselves.

Example sentence: “I’ll be right back, just going to the bog.”

Bog roll: Toilet paper. Refers to the paper used for personal hygiene in the bathroom.

Example sentence: “We’re out of bog roll; need to buy some.”

Bollocks: Nonsense or rubbish. Used to dismiss something as untrue or nonsensical.

Example sentence: “That’s a load of bollocks.”

Bonkers: Crazy or mad. Describes something or someone as eccentric or mentally unstable.

Example sentence: “The idea sounded bonkers, but it worked.”

Bruv: Informal term for brother or mate. A friendly way to address a friend or close acquaintance.

Example sentence: “Hey, bruv, how’s it going?”

Bugger all: Nothing at all. Indicates the absence of something or a lack of anything significant.

Example sentence: “I’ve got bugger all to do this weekend.”

Buzzin’: Excited or thrilled. Expresses a high level of enthusiasm or anticipation.

Example sentence: “I’m buzzin’ for the concert tonight.”

Can’t be arsed: Cannot be bothered or motivated to do something. Indicates a lack of interest or willingness to make an effort.

Example sentence: “I can’t be arsed to cook; let’s order takeout.”

Cheers: Thank you or a toast before drinking. Commonly used when expressing gratitude or raising a glass in celebration.

Example sentence: “Cheers for helping me out.”

Cheeky: Playfully impudent or sassy. Describes behavior that is bold or audacious in a lighthearted way.

Example sentence: “She’s got a cheeky sense of humor.”

Chav: Stereotypically, a young person with a brash and flashy style. Often used to describe someone perceived as lower class and lacking sophistication.

Example sentence: “Those chavs are making a lot of noise.”

Chinwag: Informal chat or conversation. Refers to a friendly and informal discussion.

Example sentence: “Let’s have a chinwag over coffee.”

Chippy: Fish and chip shop or a restaurant. Specifically, a place that sells traditional British fish and chips.

Example sentence: “I’m in the mood for some chippy.”

Chuffed: Pleased or delighted. Expresses a sense of happiness or contentment.

Example sentence: “I’m chuffed with the results of the exam.”

Cock-up: A mistake or error. Describes a situation where something has gone wrong.

Example sentence: “There was a cock-up in the schedule.”

Crack on: Proceed or get on with something. Encourages someone to continue or make progress with a task.

Example sentence: “Let’s crack on with the project.”

Cracking: Excellent or impressive. Used to compliment something as outstanding or exceptional.

Example sentence: “That was a cracking performance.”

Daft: Silly or foolish. Describes behavior or ideas that are perceived as lacking in common sense.

Example sentence: “Don’t be daft; it’s just a joke.”

Dive: A shabby or unpleasant place. Refers to a location, often a bar or pub, that is run-down or unappealing.

Example sentence: “Let’s find a better pub; this one’s a dive.”

Dodgy: Suspicious or unreliable. Describes something that seems questionable or potentially untrustworthy.

Example sentence: “I wouldn’t trust that dodgy-looking guy.”

Faffing around: Wasting time or being indecisive. Refers to someone who is not being productive or is taking too long to make a decision.

Example sentence: “Stop faffing around and make a decision.”

Fag: Cigarette. A colloquial term for a cigarette.

Example sentence: “I need a break; I’m going for a fag.”

Fit: Attractive or good-looking. Describes someone who is physically appealing.

Example sentence: “She’s really fit, isn’t she?”

Five-o: Police. Slang for law enforcement.

Example sentence: “Watch out, here comes the five-o.”

Fiver: A five-pound note. A colloquial term for a specific currency denomination.

Example sentence: “Can you lend me a fiver until payday?”

For crying out loud: An expression of frustration or exasperation. Used to convey annoyance or impatience.

Example sentence: “For crying out loud, can you be quiet?”

Full of beans: Energetic and lively. Describes someone who is full of energy and enthusiasm.

Example sentence: “After a good night’s sleep, I’m full of beans.”

Gaff: House or residence. Slang for a place of residence.

Example sentence: “We’re having a party at my gaff.”

Gander: A look or glance. Refers to taking a quick look at something.

Example sentence: “Take a gander at this.”

Get-in: Expression of success or achievement. Used to celebrate a successful outcome or accomplishment.

Example sentence: “We won the game—get-in!”

Git: An unpleasant or contemptible person. A derogatory term for someone disliked.

Example sentence: “He’s such a git; I can’t stand him.”

Gob: Mouth. Slang for the mouth or oral cavity.

Example sentence: “Shut your gob and listen.”

Gobsmacked: Astonished or amazed. Describes a state of being utterly surprised or shocked.

Example sentence: “I was gobsmacked by the surprise party.”

Grand: One thousand pounds or excellent. Refers to a specific amount of money or describes something as excellent.

Example sentence: “It cost me a grand to fix the car.”

Grafting: Working hard or putting in effort. Describes the act of working diligently.

Example sentence: “I’ve been grafting all week on this project.”

Grub: Food, especially a meal that is hearty or satisfying.

Example sentence: “Let’s grab some grub before heading to the cinema.”

Gutted: Extremely disappointed. Describes a profound sense of disappointment or sadness.

Example sentence: “I’m gutted that I missed the concert.”

Hammered: Drunk or intoxicated. Indicates a state of heavy inebriation.

Example sentence: “We got absolutely hammered at the pub.”

Hunky-dory: Fine or going well. Describes a situation that is satisfactory or proceeding smoothly.

Example sentence: “Everything’s hunky-dory at work.”

I’m easy: I don’t mind or it’s okay. Indicates a lack of preference or a willingness to go along with someone else’s choice.

Example sentence: “Pizza or burgers? I’m easy, whatever you prefer.”

Innit: Isn’t it, or right? A colloquial term used to seek confirmation or agreement.

Example sentence: “Nice weather today, innit?”

Jammy: Lucky or fortunate. Describes someone who is perceived as being fortunate or having good luck.

Example sentence: “You’re so jammy; you always win.”

Jiffy: A short period of time. Refers to a brief or short duration.

Example sentence: “I’ll be back in a jiffy.”

Keep your hair on: Calm down or don’t get angry. A phrase used to tell someone to remain calm or not to become upset.

Example sentence: “Keep your hair on; it’s just a joke.”

Kerfuffle: A commotion or fuss. Describes a state of confusion or disturbance.

Example sentence: “There was a bit of a kerfuffle at the party.”

Kip: Sleep or a nap. Slang for a short period of sleep or rest.

Example sentence: “I need to catch a quick kip before the meeting.”

Knackered: Extremely tired or exhausted. Describes a state of extreme fatigue.

Example sentence: “I’m knackered after that long day at work.”

Lad: A young man or friend. A colloquial term for a young man or a friend.

Example sentence: “He’s a good lad, always there to help.”

Ledge: A cool or admirable person. Describes someone who is highly respected or admired.

Example sentence: “He’s a ledge; he fixed my car for free.”

Leave it out: Stop it or don’t continue. A phrase used to ask someone to cease their actions or remarks.

Example sentence: “Leave it out; I don’t want to hear it.”

Lingo: Language or vocabulary, often referring to specialized or unfamiliar terms.

Example sentence: “It took me a while to get used to the local lingo when I moved to London.”

Loo: Toilet or bathroom. A common term for the facilities where one relieves themselves.

Example sentence: “I’ll be right back; I need to use the loo.”

Lost the plot: Became confused or lost control. Describes a situation where someone has become disoriented or overwhelmed.

Example sentence: “During the presentation, he completely lost the plot.”

Lush: Very pleasant or attractive. Describes something as highly appealing or delightful.

Example sentence: “That dessert was lush; I want another.”

Mate: Friend or buddy. A commonly used term for a friend or companion.

Example sentence: “Hey mate, how’s it going?”

Mental: Crazy or insane. Describes something or someone as being mentally unstable or wild.

Example sentence: “That party was mental; everyone was dancing.”

Miffed: Annoyed or upset. Indicates a mild state of irritation or displeasure.

Example sentence: “He was a bit miffed when he didn’t get the promotion.”

Minging: Disgusting or unpleasant. Describes something that is highly unattractive or unpleasant.

Example sentence: “The smell in that room is minging.”

Minted: Rich or having a lot of money. Refers to someone who is wealthy or well-off.

Example sentence: “He’s minted; he drives a fancy car.”

Moolah: Money or cash. A more informal term for currency or funds.

Example sentence: “I need to save some moolah for the vacation.”

Mug: A gullible or easily deceived person. Describes someone who is easily taken advantage of.

Example sentence: “Don’t be a mug; they’re just trying to trick you.”

Muppet: Fool or silly person. A term used to playfully insult someone for foolish behavior.

Example sentence: “You’re acting like a right muppet.”

Naff: Uncool or tacky. Describes something that is perceived as unfashionable or lacking style.

Example sentence: “That outfit is a bit naff, isn’t it?”

Nippy: Cold or chilly. Describes weather that is cold or has a chill in the air.

Example sentence: “It’s a bit nippy outside; grab a jacket.”

Nowt: Nothing. A Northern English term for “nothing.”

Example sentence: “There’s nowt left in the fridge.”

Nutter: Crazy or insane person. Describes someone who is mentally unstable or eccentric.

Example sentence: “He’s a bit of a nutter, but he’s fun.”

On the lash: Going out drinking or partying. Describes the act of going out for a night of drinking and revelry.

Example sentence: “We’re on the lash this Friday night.”

Pants: Poor or disappointing. Describes something that is of low quality or unsatisfactory.

Example sentence: “That movie was pants; I didn’t enjoy it.”

Pied off: Rejected or ignored. Describes a situation where someone has been romantically rejected.

Example sentence: “She got pied off when he didn’t call.”

Pissed: Drunk. Describes a state of inebriation due to alcohol consumption.

Example sentence: “I got a bit pissed at the pub last night.”

Plastered: Drunk or intoxicated. Similar to “pissed,” indicates a high level of drunkenness.

Example sentence: “By midnight, he was absolutely plastered.”

Plonk: Cheap or inferior wine. Refers to inexpensive or low-quality wine.

Example sentence: “I’m not drinking that plonk; get me something better.”

Posh: Elegant or upper-class. Describes something or someone as being refined or sophisticated.

Example sentence: “That restaurant is a bit posh for my taste.”

Prat: Fool or idiot. A derogatory term used to insult someone’s intelligence.

Example sentence: “You’re acting like a right prat.”

Proper: Correct or appropriate. Describes something done in a correct or suitable manner.

Example sentence: “You did a proper job on that assignment.”

Quid: A pound sterling or money in general. A slang term for the British currency or money in general.

Example sentence: “Can you lend me a few quid?”

Rank: Disgusting or unpleasant. Describes something that is highly unappealing or repulsive.

Example sentence: “The smell in the garbage bin is rank.”

Rinsed: Exploited or taken advantage of. Describes a situation where someone has been used or manipulated.

Example sentence: “I got rinsed by that salesperson.”

Rubbish: Garbage or something of poor quality. Describes something that is of low quality or not worth considering.

Example sentence: “The movie was rubbish; I didn’t like it.”

Screwed: In trouble or facing difficulties. Describes a situation where someone is in trouble or facing negative consequences.

Example sentence: “If you don’t finish the project on time, we’re screwed.”

Skint: Without money or broke. Indicates a state of financial hardship or being without funds.

Example sentence: “I can’t go out; I’m skint this week.”

Skive: Avoiding work or responsibility. Describes the act of avoiding work or shirking responsibilities.

Example sentence: “I’m going to skive off work early today.”

Sloshed: Drunk or intoxicated. Similar to “hammered,” indicates a state of heavy inebriation.

Example sentence: “After a few cocktails, we were all sloshed.”

Snog: Kiss passionately. Describes a passionate or deep kiss.

Example sentence: “They were caught snogging behind the door.”

Sod: Expressing frustration or annoyance. A milder form of swearing, used to express frustration or irritation.

Example sentence: “Oh, sod it! I forgot my keys.”

Ta: Thank you. A shortened and informal way of expressing gratitude.

Example sentence: “Ta for helping me with the groceries.”

Take a punt: Take a risk or chance. Describes the act of taking a gamble or trying something uncertain.

Example sentence: “I’ll take a punt and apply for the job.”

Telling porkies: Telling lies or being deceitful. Describes the act of being dishonest or untruthful.

Example sentence: “I caught him telling porkies about his achievements.”

Tenner: A ten-pound note. Refers to a specific denomination of currency.

Example sentence: “Can you lend me a tenner until payday?”

That old chestnut: A familiar or clichéd story. Used to express boredom or irritation at hearing the same story repeatedly.

Example sentence: “Oh, not that old chestnut again!”

The offie: An off-license or a shop selling alcohol. Short for “off-license,” which is a store that sells alcoholic beverages for consumption off the premises.

Example sentence: “I’ll grab a few drinks from the offie on my way home.”

Throwing a wobbly: Having a tantrum or getting upset. Describes a situation where someone becomes emotionally distressed or throws a fit.

Example sentence: “He was throwing a wobbly when he lost the game.”

To leg it: To run away quickly or escape. Describes the act of fleeing or running away.

Example sentence: “The police arrived, and he had to leg it before they caught him.”

To nick: To steal or take something without permission. Describes the act of taking something unlawfully.

Example sentence: “He tried to nick a chocolate bar from the store, but got caught.”

Toff: A person who is perceived as upper-class or posh. Describes someone who is affluent and sophisticated.

Example sentence: “He’s such a toff with his fancy clothes and accent.”

Trollied: Extremely drunk or intoxicated. Similar to “hammered” and “sloshed,” indicating a high level of drunkenness.

Example sentence: “After the party, he was completely trollied and couldn’t walk straight.”

Twat: Offensive term for a foolish or annoying person. A vulgar insult for someone disliked.

Example sentence: “He’s acting like a complete twat; I can’t stand him.”

Waffle: To talk at length about something without making much sense. Describes the act of speaking in a rambling or unclear manner.

Example sentence: “He tends to waffle on about his theories without really saying anything.”

Wanker: A vulgar term for someone who masturbates, often used as an insult. A strong and offensive insult.

Example sentence: “He’s such a wanker; he never takes anything seriously.”

Wangle: To manipulate or obtain something through clever or deceitful means. Describes the act of achieving something through cunning or manipulation.

Example sentence: “He managed to wangle a free ticket to the concert from his friend.”

Wee: A Scottish slang word for small. Refers to something small or little.

Example sentence: “I want a wee drop of whiskey.”

However, if an English person says they need a wee it means they need to urinate!

Wellies: Wellington boots, a type of waterproof rubber boots. Practical footwear, especially in wet or muddy conditions.

Example sentence: “It’s muddy outside, so I’ll wear my wellies for the walk.”

Winding up: Teasing or provoking someone, often for amusement. Describes the act of teasing or joking with someone to get a reaction.

Example sentence: “He’s just winding you up; don’t take it too seriously.”

Yonks: A long and indefinite period of time, often used to express a significant duration or a considerable amount of time passing.

Example sentence: “I haven’t seen her in yonks; we should all catch up soon!”

You what: An informal expression used to ask someone to repeat or clarify what they just said. Used when someone doesn’t hear or understand something and is seeking clarification.

Example sentence: “He told me he quit his job, and I was like, ‘You what? Why would he do that?'”

You’re nicked: You’re arrested, often used by the police. A colloquial way of saying someone is being taken into custody.

Example sentence: “After a brief chase, they caught the suspect, and he heard, ‘You’re nicked!'”

Ma'am Yes ma'am

1. NORTH AMERICAN ENGLISH dated
    a term of respectful or polite address used for a woman:
    "excuse me, ma'am"
    • BRITISH ENGLISH
      a term of address for female royalty.
    • BRITISH ENGLISH
      a term of address for a ranking female officer in the police or armed forces.

Im down with that Surfy.. just checking you hadnt forgotten me… cos.. well … i am quite needy 😆 xx 😂😂
No Way Bloss.... And One damn things for sure, you can out dig and detect most all of us, as myself :metaldetector: 🕵️‍♀️ 🥇
So that Blokette comes with Real Power behind it, eh? :hello2:

Last edited:
Good evening… well this weather is going backwards… rain nd thunderstorms today but we put our big girls pants on and headed out 😆… soo glad we did, had another perfect day doing what we love xx

Hope u have all had a fab day xx 🤗

Thread 'Today’s Treasures 😆 xx'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/todays-treasures-xx.697920/
I understand you doing so, but your husband also putting on big girl pants 😕
I guess its better than small ones that wouldn't fit properly though 🙂👍

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back