aussie1984
Tenderfoot
- Joined
- Aug 23, 2014
- Messages
- 6
- Reaction score
- 2
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Sunshine Coast, QLD.
- Detector(s) used
- None but really want one.
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner

Thank you yes that was much help
Just 1 more question if you don't mind as you seem to know a lot on bottles...
Would you know how I would describe the pontil on this bottle?
Ok, what do I call that nipple looking thing in middle?

I respectfully disagree with sandchip. I see a seam around the shoulder, in one picture, and in another picture I see a seam going up from there. This screams 3 piece mold, with an applied top, and would have some value for sure. The bottom I am not sure, def.. not open pontil,........ iron pontil, different for sure. I think closer to 1860 than 1880's. Black glass 3 piece molds, is what I collectView attachment 1089042



Wow cool collection
I am really confused with how to describe this bottle because of the bottom no one can ID, I never thought a bottom would be so hard to describe![]()
Ok, what do I call that nipple looking thing in middle?