Bazooka gold traps first run(s)

Bbarton

Oct 31, 2016
Motherlode
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Due to having some issues buying a new bazooka, I set out in search of a used one. A nice member here informed me he had one for sale so after meeting up with him and picking up my new to me bazooka I was ready to hit the water. I met up with a buddy after work one day last week and went to a creek close by and set it up. After running 4 buckets it started to get dark so we pulled it out and panned the cons and found a a substantial amount of flour gold for the amount of material ran, we were very pleased. We were itching to get back out and had a few hours free yesterday so we headed out to a different creek where we've had good success in the past with our Keene boxes. After taking an hour to build a good wing dam on a low flow creek we were able to start running material. We ran 10 buckets of unclassified material in a little over an hour and a half. We split the cons between two pans and in my buddies pan sat our first real picker. We found a substantial amount of flour gold again with a bit of flake as well. I still have a lot of flour tied up in black sands that I'm waiting to separate. We gots little under half a gram just from the stuff I did pan out and put in a vial. Overall the bazooka has already proven itself to be a very quick, efficient, and fun box for us. We're itching to get back out again now!
IMG_4031.JPG IMG_4040.JPG IMG_4056.JPG

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Catching big and small gold, looking great!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very fun and productive...love it!!

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like it did not take you long to set up and start running - awesome! It looks like you have a Bazooka Sniper model - correct? I bought a 36" Bazooka Sniper about 2 months ago are really like it. Quick to set up and cleans out in less than a minute. Also catches the gold extremely well - even down to 100 size. Keep posting - we all enjoy seeing the gold.

OP
OP
Bbarton

Bbarton

Oct 31, 2016
Motherlode
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes it is a sniper model, but it's a custom made one that is 48" long, it really lets everything stratify before it hits the trap. The picker we got actually hung up on the skid plate before entering the trap which was pretty cool to see! It sure catches the fines quite well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ah! That's why it looked like a Sniper, but not. Seeing gold snag up on the skip plate is really awesome. Have only has a few flakes do that on my 36" Sniper, but was neat to see. Keep sending in reports!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMG_6697 - Copy.JPG

Here is my 4' sniper working the Bear River. I explained to Goldwasher a couple of years ago what I needed for my situation and he was able to get Toddat bazooka to build me one. Works great as it allows shoveling at arms length in a wide sweep around both sides but still liteweight and not too bulky to pack around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread