What's new

BBQ Thread

Flyad

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2020
Messages
30
Reaction score
68
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there!

What is your poison during the lockdown? Mine is grilling&smoking. Gosh, it's almost like an addiction, I do that almost every night! Would be happy to share my experience, or hear about yours.

P.S. Lamb I got last night
uzSGcTK.webp
 
I enjoy cooking outdoors over natural wood fires especially in the summer and do quite often as it gets hot in the house with the stove on
I'm not one of those food instagram fanatics but I will take the odd pic of my dinner

bbq chicken legs and stuffed bar clams.. large surf clams chopped fresh out of the shell mixed with herbs butter and bread crumbs and cooked in the half shell

My mouth is watering now! I'll add some pix of my smoked whole turkeys and chickens and pork shoulders some time down the road too
Enjoy
 

Attachments

  • 20200428_130839_copy_1064x1796.webp
    20200428_130839_copy_1064x1796.webp
    381.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 20200428_130959_copy_1234x907.webp
    20200428_130959_copy_1234x907.webp
    115.4 KB · Views: 75
Hi there!

What is your poison during the lockdown? Mine is grilling&smoking. Gosh, it's almost like an addiction, I do that almost every night! Would be happy to share my experience, or hear about yours.

P.S. Lamb I got last night
View attachment 1828619

What is that? Looks like a skewered guinea pig. Yum.
 
????

You join a treasure hunting / metal detecting forum to post about BBQ?
 
Well BBQ does kinda go well with any hobby Jason, haha! Plus he's in the general forum.
 
Now Now. I kinda like the cooking idea �� if this dang bee will leave my alone.
I love to smoke and grill. I believe would give us a great opportunity to exchange recipes and how to cook stuff.
Carry on my man. :laughing7:
 
And Welcome to tnet
 
Hey , smoke um if ya got um . meat shortage in the news so enjoy while you can
 
Welcome to the forum!

Great looking dinner. :occasion14:
 
What is that? Looks like a skewered guinea pig. Yum.

Nah, that's just a regular lamb, tied to keep juices inside.
Would like to try that pig you mentioned - though not so sure where can I get that :dontknow:
 
????

You join a treasure hunting / metal detecting forum to post about BBQ?

I'm new to treasure hunting, Jason, so for now, I prefer to read other boards while post where I really have expertise. When the time comes, I'll be able to show&tell about more than just grilled n' smoked meat.
 
Just to follow the weird tendency of me taking pictures of my dinner: I was making beef rib with some spicy chipotle sauce, and well... That was spicy as hell!
I liked that, my wife didn't.:unhappysmiley: Well, here is some pictures:
ScC1Qqz.webp aV0vvzI.webp PJwYKwO.webp
 
received_901007043680376.webp

Not BBQ but this was dinner last night.
 
????

You join a treasure hunting / metal detecting forum to post about BBQ?

Treasure is in the eye of the beholder...:laughing7:

Looks like fun! Do you use different woods for smoking?

Chub
 
Yeah, I do. One of my friends, really sophisticated foodie, so every time we go grilling together he brings some fruit tree wood - plum, apricot, etc...
Me, personally is a big fan of cherry wood, and sometimes oak- because it's really hard to find a good oak wood recently. Maybe you had such an experience yourself, if you pick bad oak, it smells disgusting, and as a result ruins meat...:-[ Now I'm looking for some way to keep track and maintain the temperature inside the grill, because I had an unpleasant experience with rib steak I did last night, it wasn't done enough. I don't want my meat raw and neither burnt. So if somebody has some advice, I'd be happy to hear.

P.S. Here is that rib steak I mentioned - it may look nice, but it wasn't the result I was aimed at.
eKZGMvH.webp
 
https://wildforkfoods.com/ this is something new for us that has worked out great. This site has a huge selection of meats poultry seafood and all kinds of harder to find products.....everything so far has been shipped promptly and is great quality.....I was skeptical at first but my wife was right....there reliable and it's all good quality !!
 
https://wildforkfoods.com/ this is something new for us that has worked out great. This site has a huge selection of meats poultry seafood and all kinds of harder to find products.....everything so far has been shipped promptly and is great quality.....I was skeptical at first but my wife was right....there reliable and it's all good quality !!

I will definitely give it a shot, thanks for advice
 
My poison is still having to work ! Your food looks great. Keep on a grillin !
 
Read on another forum look at the meat labels some one found some meat that said product of Mexico and S.A sorry but U.S.A. JUst has better inspections on food products
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom