What's new

BBQ Thread

Some BBQs come with a thermometer. There are cheap online BBQ thermometers. The more fancy ones have a probe for the meat and one for the oven.

chub
 
Yeah, I do. One of my friends, really sophisticated foodie, so every time we go grilling together he brings some fruit tree wood - plum, apricot, etc...
Me, personally is a big fan of cherry wood, and sometimes oak- because it's really hard to find a good oak wood recently. Maybe you had such an experience yourself, if you pick bad oak, it smells disgusting, and as a result ruins meat...:-[ Now I'm looking for some way to keep track and maintain the temperature inside the grill, because I had an unpleasant experience with rib steak I did last night, it wasn't done enough. I don't want my meat raw and neither burnt. So if somebody has some advice, I'd be happy to hear.

P.S. Here is that rib steak I mentioned - it may look nice, but it wasn't the result I was aimed at.
View attachment 1829231

You post anymore pics like these last two, and covid19 or not, I'm coming over for some...yes I'll bring the brew:occasion14:
 
My poison is still having to work ! Your food looks great. Keep on a grillin !

Lucky you! My office is closed, and grilling is one of the few things that help me stay sane on lockdown!
 
You post anymore pics like these last two, and covid19 or not, I'm coming over for some...yes I'll bring the brew:occasion14:

Not a problem- like at all! I love sharing not just pictures of my foods- but the foods themselves. About brew- what do you prefer? My brother-in-law used to homebrew beer.. Good stuff.
 
I use one these. Works great and I can monitor both food and grill temp from inside the house or anywhere in the yard.

http://https://buythermopro.com/product/thermopro-tp-08-digital-wireless-meat-thermometer/

Appreciate the advice. Just in case anybody else needs something on that matter, found a website with a comparison of different thermometers and short reviews - here it is: https://mykitchenadvisor.com/best-grill-thermometer/

By the way, report from my Sunday BBQ session- 7 lbs pork loin. Picture attached
7YTjnoH.webp
 
Simple one I bought the wife, she loves it, works perfect

2020-05-04_081724.webp
 
So, last night I was grilling with my neighbor. We took 1 lb of sirloin and 1 lb of ribeye- and here is how it looked:
i4LPcWo.webp
 
Hey guys, wanted to ask yall a quick question - are gas grills heresy or not? Just got into the dispute, and thought maybe you can add or reduce weight to my arguments.
 
Hey guys! Haven't posted for a while, but I finally can show ya'll something new. We went for the BBQ on the Mothers day with the whole family. We took some sea brim. A little splash of olive oil and bits of lemon - it was fantastic!
hvOKXGb.webp
 
Did anyone had experience with grilling vegetables? Never actually interested in this particular topic, but any advice will be much appreciated.
 
Okay, it seems like I'm only one who left here at this topic... But as I already made this picture, I 'll show it to the community anyway. So, here is the chicken with Spanishh-style marinade I was grilling with my wife yesterday. It was good!
XPtdd0t.webp
 
Hey everyone! I hope everyone is safe during these dark times. I just wanted to share my first summer meat - got a couple of pheasants to grill. I got a little distracted and lost control over the temperature. Poultry started burning, but I tried it anyway. No regrets- the meat was tender and almost melted in the mouth.
buETdww.webp
 
Never had pheasent....I'm gonna try it too !!
 
Did anyone had experience with grilling vegetables? Never actually interested in this particular topic, but any advice will be much appreciated.
Yes they make a special pan for doing veggies . I cook summer squash , onion , mushroom , peppers and corn on the cob by putting large chunks of veggies in a bowl , ad chopped herbs of my choice from the garden and some olive oil . toss all around to coat and dump them in the pan on the grill. stir a few times as it cooks with the lid down and cooked to your liking.
9k=
images
 
this is a great way we do it in south florida and cuba. It's a darn fantastic party that comes in the form of a pig in a magic box !! The old man is the son of the originator.....the young man is the third generation involved in la caja china or as us gringos call it a china box.....and let me tell ya...us gringos learned real fast how to use a china box !! It's the Caribbean version of BBQ !! On any given weekend the Latin music can be herd in combination with the sweet smells of the china box!! Here in the keys this form of BBQ has become tradition. Just add mojitos !!
 
Love me some smoked brisket...post oak is my wood of choice...simple too, just salt, pepper and a little garlic powder
 
Yes they make a special pan for doing veggies . I cook summer squash , onion , mushroom , peppers and corn on the cob by putting large chunks of veggies in a bowl , ad chopped herbs of my choice from the garden and some olive oil . toss all around to coat and dump them in the pan on the grill. stir a few times as it cooks with the lid down and cooked to your liking.
9k=
images
Sounds real good. I'll try this sometime. Vegetable question is very actual with these meat prices.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom