What's new

BBQed silver

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
282
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BBQ'ed silver

Picked up a few rolls which looked like they being through fire. The coins are so dark but I managed to spot a 64 and 2 40%ers. No matter how they come up: charred, koshered, stir-fried, I love all forms of silver coins.

P2071726.webp

P2071727.webp
 
Upvote 0
Re: BBQ'ed silver

They must of been through a house fire. Nice finds though. :icon_thumright:
 
Re: BBQ'ed silver

Definitely been thru some type of fire. Since they are really only worth silver value, it would not hurt to put them in a tumbler for an hour or so. I have had some like that, used a tumbler and it cleaned them up real nice (and did not use anything more than tumbler rock and water). That way whoever you sell them to will easily be able to make the date out.
 
Re: BBQ'ed silver

They look to me like artificially toned coins. Worth the silver value! :icon_thumright: I agree that it wouldn't hurt to try and clean them up for your buyer.
 
Re: BBQ'ed silver

I've found that WD-40 cleans a lot of junk off the silver.
 
Re: BBQ'ed silver

I guess you could say that's some "hot silver."
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom