What's new

Beach and underwater detector recommendations wanted

BowieConnection

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 15, 2015
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bowie, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an Equinox 800 and was doing some detecting along the shoreline at Pensacola Beach, and it took in some water and died. I’m sending it in for warranty work, and want to just use it for my primary detector. With that being said, I’m wanting recommendations for a good quality detector that will be just for beach/underwater hunting. Trying to stay around the $1500 mark. Thanks in advance. I enjoy all of your finds and helpful posts! I’ve learned a lot just reading on this page.
 
what i usually recommend
1- find a member here that is near you with extra water machines that might let you try them
2 - find a dealer near you that has demos and might take you out to try
3 - find a cheap one on line that might interest you ...i bought a used once CZ21 on you tube
for like $400 - didnt have a scratch on it - they go for $1299 and up - if i didnt want it i could
easily get $800 for it - its one of my backups
 
Minelab Excalibur II. You can call Bart at Big Boys Hobbies and get a great deal like I did.
 
Minelab Excalibur II. You can call Bart at Big Boys Hobbies and get a great deal like I did.

Ok thank you all for the help. I’ve been looking at the Excalibur II for a while but wanted some opinions. Much appreciated!
 
Excalibur....
 
I will third that... X2.
 
Welcome to Tnet .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..:hello: Excalibur would do you well
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom