What's new

Beach Erosion Persistence Pays Off in Heavy 14k....

SoCalBeachScanner

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
610
Reaction score
547
Golden Thread
0
Location
Coastal Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
After being totally spent from two days of chasing storm beach erosion, I was up today for the 4:30AM low tide, and spent a couple hours swinging. The swell was way down this morning and I could finally get to the sweet spot of the slope for an hour until the tide and waves chased me out.

When I started finding lead sinkers, I scanned parallel to the water line and found another lead sinker. Then I got a hit on a target that was bouncing between 4-6 LED's out of the 13 LED's on the Signal Strength Indicator, and by the size of the target, I knew it wouldn't be more than 10" deep, so I started scooping. After about eight hard fast scoops down, the hole went silent. I rinsed the scoop in the water that collect in the hole I just dug, and clank, clank, clank. It was still dark, the ring felt very heavy, so it could only be one of three things; Platinum, Tungsten, or Gold. When it started getting light out, I went to put my dog in my vehicle and I checked out the ring.
Got my first Storm Erosion Chasing 14k Gold (10.21 grams)

Another first for me was scooping a fishing reel, and I got two reels this morning. I also found a bell with a mussel inside, a knife, and what appears to be a capacitor. Coins were few and far between down low on the slope. Even higher up on the slope where I was hitting coins the last two days within feet of each other were few and far between this morning. The whole beach changed drastically from the last two days, the cuts were gone.

There was a lot of sea creatures washed way up on the beach. The photo of the crab with eggs all over it's back was still barely alive, so I returned it to the water.

I think it's time to give my body a break from scooping deep whispers in the wet sand and work the easy scooping dry sand for a while :)

Thanks for Looking ... HH


SB1.webp--SB2.webp--SB3.webp


SB4.webp--SB5.webp--SB6.webp


SB7.webp--SB8.webp--SB9.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Congratulations!
 
Congrats on the GOLD! :occasion14:
 
You got well rewarded...but looks like you earned it...lotsa work.

CONGRATS AND GL
 
Nice storm find. Nice pics. You the man for tryin to help the crab. We need more of that in today world. Congrats
 
Beautiful chunk of 14k...congrats.
 
- After being totally spent from two days of chasing storm beach erosion, I was up today for the 4:30AM low tide, and spent a couple hours swinging. The swell was way down this morning and I could finally get to the sweet spot of the slope for an hour until the tide and waves chased me out. When I started finding lead sinkers, I scanned parallel to the water line and found another lead sinker. Then I got a hit on a target that was bouncing between 4-6 LED's out of the 13 LED's on the Signal Strength Indicator, and by the size of the target, I knew it wouldn't be more than 10" deep, so I started scooping. After about eight hard fast scoops down, the hole went silent. I rinsed the scoop in the water that collect in the hole I just dug, and clank, clank, clank. It was still dark, the ring felt very heavy, so it could only be one of three things; Platinum, Tungsten, or Gold. When it started getting light out, I went to put my dog in my vehicle and I checked out the ring. Got my first Storm Erosion Chasing 14k Gold (10.21 grams) Another first for me was scooping a fishing reel, and I got two reels this morning. I also found a bell with a mussel inside, a knife, and what appears to be a capacitor. Coins were few and far between down low on the slope. Even higher up on the slope where I was hitting coins the last two days within feet of each other were few and far between this morning. The whole beach changed drastically from the last two days, the cuts were gone. There was a lot of sea creatures washed way up on the beach. The photo of the crab with eggs all over it's back was still barely alive, so I returned it to the water. I think it's time to give my body a break from scooping deep whispers in the wet sand and work the easy scooping dry sand for a while :) Thanks for Looking ... HH View attachment 953996--View attachment 953997--View attachment 953998 View attachment 953999--View attachment 954000--View attachment 954001 View attachment 954002--View attachment 954003--View attachment 954004

Great finds. I see a lot of baby turtles - new hatchlings making their way to the water. I never touch them, but I do stand very close by until they make it close enough for a wave to catch them, and take them out to sea. The seagulls pick them up for an easy meal. I have had 20+ birds flying around me at one time standing next to one of those little guys, and also took a wad of bird doo a few times.
We need some good erosion here in Florida on the east coast like yall got. Then the goodies will SEA the light of day.
 

Congratulations!

Congrats on the GOLD! :occasion14:

You got well rewarded...but looks like you earned it...lotsa work.

CONGRATS AND GL

Nice storm find. Nice pics. You the man for tryin to help the crab. We need more of that in today world. Congrats

Beautiful chunk of 14k...congrats.

Wow good lookin ring.


Thank You for all your comments guys ... MD can be a lot of work
 
So-CA, you can't argue with a ring that size, even if in a "scattered pattern". Hard to believe there wasn't more So. CA spots after that southern-swell/seas event, that didn't pan out to be major pockets of targets all-concentrated. I heard of one guy down there who got into a pocket of 300-ish coins, in an area no bigger than a tennis court.

Mother nature's post-storm re-adjustment of her slopes is still going on though, so keep us updated. thanx!
 
If I found a knife in the water I'd immediately think "murder weapon". But I read a lot of crime novels...
 
Oh my goodness!!! SCBS , I can't keep up with your gold finds postings.....you are on a high roll! :notworthy: Keep those treasures comin'! Lorraine
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom