What's new

Beach Finds in Northern California

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
1,535
Reaction score
949
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Visiting my son in Arcata (located in Northern California)...he drove us to a beach a ways north of here. Just a short 30 minute hunt in this wind swept beach that gets many bonfires and there's nails galore.

Fortunately with my Deus detector that's not a problem... but first 15 minutes was difficult to adjust to the melted aluminum bits which tend to sound good. Then I must have got adjusted because I pulled out a few coins then a deep signal..perhaps 8" was a bit different still and to my amazement a nice little snake motif bronze broach with intact pin! Well with that success I started being a little more careful. The broach looks older to my eye and I'm thinking gold coin slipping out of someone's pocket.

Alas, no gold coin but a nice little 925 seal charm! We couldn't stay longer this time but I think I will return there and spend a bit more time.. and just maybe there is a gold coin (or even ring) hiding there
. Beach Finds Arcata 6Sep sm.webpBeach Finds Arcata 6Sep seal sm.webpBeach Pin 6Sep sm.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
WTG Joe!!
looks like some interesting finds... cool pattern design on the harbor seal!
I get very frustrated when hunting the bond fire beaches here in mass you did great!!!

SnT
 
Very interesting !!!

I'd go back if I was you just think of what you'd find if you had more time.
 
Nice snake broach....Hope you do get back to that beach.

Cliff
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom