What's new

Beach finds

SweetCorn

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
76
Reaction score
183
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Bay, CA
Detector(s) used
Excal 2, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hunting what feels like a lot recently without a whole lot to show for it. Even the clad count has been down. Today, however, I did find a class ring in the muck.

gold112916_c.webp

It has a signature in it but I cannot read the last name really at all. It's stamped 14k, but are these things really ever made of 14k? It is heavy, 13.6g.

14k.webp

How do I go about getting this back to its owner? Aside from being able to make out the name, I'm not sure what else to do. There isn't a school, only a first name and the crazy signature. I would like to get it back to the owner if possible.

I also found a 1942 wheatie. It looked odd in the wet sand, so I immediately knew it was unusual. It had a bright, almost tan-like sheen, very cool to see.

misc_112916_c.webp

Found a blingy (yes, I've been watching Eisenhower videos) earring and the other blob is unidentified at this time. It rang up unusual and I'm guessing whatever it is is encrusted inside this cocoon. Any tips on how to extract it? I rubbed off what I could with my hands and my next thought was to take some pliers to it, but I don't want to damage it. Electrolysis?

thanks and happy huntin'.
 
Upvote 22
Yes... they do "really" make those in real gold.
Typically in 10k ...
But willing to bet that ring is gold IMO.
 
Congratulations on the beautiful gold ring find! :occasion14:
 
Congrats on the Gold ring.
You can contact the Rings manufacturer at Jostens | Yearbooks, Class Rings & Graduation Gifts
Send them a picture of the ring and ask for the school I.D. Then contact the Principal / Dean of the school and ask for assistance in identifying the owner. The 2007 yearbook should narrow down the search. Good luck
 
Thanks, very helpful.
 
That's a nice looking ring
 
Two of of the three class rings I have found have been older - more than 30 years and were 10k. The recent drop was some mix of metals but obviously not gold or even silver. Yours looks nice. On the whole I tend to side with Skippy's comments although I like Against the Wind's suggestion too for trying to locate the owner. Finding a grateful owner is priceless
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom