Beach finds

SweetCorn

Oct 2, 2016
East Bay, CA
Detector(s) used
Excal 2, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hunting what feels like a lot recently without a whole lot to show for it. Even the clad count has been down. Today, however, I did find a class ring in the muck.

gold112916_c.jpg

It has a signature in it but I cannot read the last name really at all. It's stamped 14k, but are these things really ever made of 14k? It is heavy, 13.6g.

14k.jpg

How do I go about getting this back to its owner? Aside from being able to make out the name, I'm not sure what else to do. There isn't a school, only a first name and the crazy signature. I would like to get it back to the owner if possible.

I also found a 1942 wheatie. It looked odd in the wet sand, so I immediately knew it was unusual. It had a bright, almost tan-like sheen, very cool to see.

misc_112916_c.jpg

Found a blingy (yes, I've been watching Eisenhower videos) earring and the other blob is unidentified at this time. It rang up unusual and I'm guessing whatever it is is encrusted inside this cocoon. Any tips on how to extract it? I rubbed off what I could with my hands and my next thought was to take some pliers to it, but I don't want to damage it. Electrolysis?

thanks and happy huntin'.

Upvote 11

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes... they do "really" make those in real gold.
Typically in 10k ...
But willing to bet that ring is gold IMO.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the beautiful gold ring find! :occasion14:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Gold ring.
You can contact the Rings manufacturer at Jostens | Yearbooks, Class Rings & Graduation Gifts
Send them a picture of the ring and ask for the school I.D. Then contact the Principal / Dean of the school and ask for assistance in identifying the owner. The 2007 yearbook should narrow down the search. Good luck

mikeinOC1

Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21
Two of of the three class rings I have found have been older - more than 30 years and were 10k. The recent drop was some mix of metals but obviously not gold or even silver. Yours looks nice. On the whole I tend to side with Skippy's comments although I like Against the Wind's suggestion too for trying to locate the owner. Finding a grateful owner is priceless

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread