What's new

Beach Hunt and Old Park.... Clad Clad Clad...

TreasureGuy25

Full Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
160
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Suburbs, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Ace 250, ProPointer
Got out for a few hours today. The beach gave up most the clad, the ring (stainless steel) and the pendant. The park is really old but man was it trashy. Found the earring (No marking) in a tot lot nearby.

Clad Total: $4.73

68 pennies
5 nickels
18 dimes
8 quarters

No oldies! But here's a picture! (I should really invest in a rock tumbler with all this clad)
 

Attachments

  • DSC08789.webp
    DSC08789.webp
    83.7 KB · Views: 484
  • DSC08789.webp
    DSC08789.webp
    83.7 KB · Views: 479
Upvote 0
I purchased a brass cleaner that does a vibrating motion. They are found in the reloading section of a sporting good store. I work in a machine shop and I was able to get some deburring media that was too used up for the shop. It has bits of carbide in it and it works wonders on my clad.
 
TreasureGuy25 said:
Got out for a few hours today. The beach gave up most the clad, the ring (stainless steel) and the pendant. The park is really old but man was it trashy. Found the earring (No marking) in a tot lot nearby.

Clad Total: $4.73

68 pennies
5 nickels
18 dimes
8 quarters

No oldies! But here's a picture! (I should really invest in a rock tumbler with all this clad)
Good hunt that clad adds up :icon_thumleft: i said that last year about getting a tumbler now i have almost 2 coffee cans full ::) Good Hunting Jim
 
Huge haul!
There's bound to be some keepers next to and under all that trash,
Good luck!
Mike
 
Keep at it! That is a nice chunk of change and goodies.


TG
 
I think I found the matching earring out here in Washington State.

What are the odds?

~Sim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom