Beach Hunt This afternoon SILVER

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Took advantage of my afternoon off today. I had to wait a couple hours for the tide to go down. It was worth the wait.Scored 2 sterling rings, a few different bullets, some sinkers that will look good in their new shape of sinkers come Spring time. A 1925 Buffalo Nickel,a few wheaties,and a St. Christopher metal.. I have hunted this place to death, but after the weather we had she gave up a few that I missed... I realy hate to admit that sometimes... LOLOL Thanks for looking enjoy the pics...Oh by the way, the last picture, is just some of the silver I have found over the last 5 years. Some I have cleaned up, as I know I shouldn't have, but I never had any intentions on selling this stuff, but with the prices the way they are today, I am starting to think differently....maybe use it to go on a trip soon.... Happy Hunting...

Attachments

• detector beach (2).JPG
    detector beach (2).JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 958
  • detector beach (3).JPG
    detector beach (3).JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 964
  • detector beach (5).JPG
    detector beach (5).JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 963
  • DSC_0001 (2).JPG
    DSC_0001 (2).JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 954
Upvote 0

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always a thrill to find silver! :thumbsup: Do you have any secrets for getting the black tarnish off of the rings?

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have found some awesome silver over the years!

underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other
I've only found one half dollar ever and it wasn't even silver.
Some people must be in areas where they've never even heard of metal detectors. I see someone detecting near me at least twice a week now. :'(
Either way nice pile o silver you got there.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Your pile of silver looks so good I may print it & put it on my wall for pleasant inspiration! Andi

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
thrillathahunt said:
It's always a thrill to find silver! :thumbsup: Do you have any secrets for getting the black tarnish off of the rings?
I usualy just leave them the way I find them... Salt Water does a job on sterling. But if you realy want to clean them a bit, Baking Soada does a good job with out over killing it. Or you can keap a watchful eye on an electrolosyst bath, but for only a few minutes at a time... Good Luck

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
underarock said:
I've only found one half dollar ever and it wasn't even silver.
Some people must be in areas where they've never even heard of metal detectors. I see someone detecting near me at least twice a week now. :'(
Either way nice pile o silver you got there.
Remember to slow down and TREASURE is where your standing and not OVER there somewhere....If your swinging and the sound goes away? stop and try a different angle, I promice you that you may just find silver, it happens all the time for me.

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
g-olden years said:
Your pile of silver looks so good I may print it & put it on my wall for pleasant inspiration! Andi
Thanks Andi,
I wish I had all of what I have found since 1972, but I sold quite a bit of it many years ago when the silver price spiked...

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
That is a great bunch of silver. Congrats on your nice finds. How many silver dollars have you found?
Dman

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Dman said:
That is a great bunch of silver. Congrats on your nice finds. How many silver dollars have you found?
Dman

DMan, since 1972, If my memeory serves me correctly, Between my Dad, My Uncle who has since passed away a couple of seasons ago, and myself, we have a total of 36 Silver Dollars, again this is many many hours of searching by 3 guys, I just found a key date 1921 Peace Dollar that list somewhere around $150.00 just to have one... I may get it slabbed......We also hunted many fair grounds back in the da when they used to give them as prizes... I think that is why we have done so well with them, but they are hard to come by now a days... I mostly beach hunt now, I love the easy ness of digging the sand, I must be getting old...LOLOL Have a great day and Happy Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread