Beach Hunter ID

mandad76

Jun 26, 2008
BAYTOWN, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
SPECTRA V3i/BHID 300
I've used mine in the Carribean and it was very stable - never a problem. I also use it on the Gulf of Mexico and it's a little more chatty - but useable. Don't think salt will be a problem - but ground minerals could be - depending on mineral content/makeup. Hope you get er figured out!! gl and hh

therover

Feb 23, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
CZ6a (2),Infinium, E-Trac,CZ20, X5, CZ20,X-Terra 705, Treasure Baron Goldtrax, XL-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You should be fine. Make sure your ground balance in all metal. I have found that all metal was deeper and more sensitive than discriminate mode. Only thing is you don't have the tone ID...but you still have the target ID via the lights which is pretty cool.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have no probs with falsing when going from the dry salt to the wet and into the water but as the iron/blacksand mineralisation increases you will find the BHID starting to get a bit noisy.
In general it is a very good detector for salt beaches.
The All Metal mode will get significantly greater depth than the Disc mode and as others have said you still have the 3 light TID in the All Met mode. For 400 dollars you have a very capable detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread