What's new

Beach hunting Gold and Silver totals so far for the year.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2012
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
3,199
Golden Thread
1
Location
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just was snapping some photos while weighing out some of the stuff I found so far this year and thought I'd post them here:

90% silver coins: 33.7 grams
Silver Jewelry: 106.7 grams
10k Gold: 37.4 grams (15.2 gram 1932 MIT class ring returned)
14K Gold: 14.5 (one not weighed, 1.7 grams)

Rings: 10 x .925 (4 with stones)
10 x Gold (3 with stones)


Junk Coins 6.webpTotal Silver.webpSilver Scrap.webp.925 Rings 10.webp10K Weight.webp10K.webp14K.webp14K close.webp14K Weight.webp20140127_141945.webpRing Dady #4.webp

Oops! Forgot to add these as well, some that didn't get trashed in the salt water!
Good Silver Coins.webp

That's all so far! Still have 3 more months + to go! Thanks for looking!
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice stash! May the next 3 months be very fruitful for you.
 
That's what dreams are made of!

I love the grills lol...

Congrats on all the gold and silver
 
Thanks for the pics...your having a great year...congrats on the gold and silver.
 
That's an impressive display of treasures, DocBeav :wav:

I like that beaver ring!

Congrats on terrific detecting!:hello2:

Lorraine
 
The MIT class ring has a wonderful history posted on Wikipedia and other sites. The 1929-32 rings were call the "Standard Technology Ring". The Beaver was chosen and the mascot due to its engineering prowess in building their damns over all other animals / reptiles. The back ground of the bezel changes with the graduation class choosing items that depict happenings during their class years. The '32 is pretty plain and I did not find the meaning of anything but the damn. There are two types of MIT rings, the undergraduate Brass Rat and the Grad Rat for Graduates of MIT.

What ever, it is a really nice find and being able to return it after 82 years leaves me without more words.
 
Congrats on a Great Year. Thanks for posting.
 
Amazing, one year total! Congrats!
 
You've had an excellent year. The standing liberty half is my favorite coin and I sure hope to find one of those some time if I ever get to go detecting anytime soon. It's in lots better condition than the silver quarter or the mercury dimes. HH.
 
Some great bling in there!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom