beach hunting the 505

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
The couple of times I took my 505 to the beach, the wet sand had me falsing everywhere. How do I fix this problem and still find jewelry and coins? Forgive the question if it is too basic, but I am going to a beach for a short hunt on Saturday. I don't want to waste any time fighting my machine, which works great every other place I have tried it. Thanks in advance.

Fathead

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can try lowering the sensitivity, but you may not be able to get it stable on wet sand (saltwater beach).

BOXING63

Jan 7, 2007
PIRATE ,CT
Detector(s) used
Excalibur ll, Sovereign GT / New England Detectors USA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
On the beach i keep my 505 on sensitivity 9:00 oclock, and the disc/notch also about 9:00 oclock, all metals, and i press the disc button, i just search everything it beeps because the jewelry will beep like iron & foil. this way you don't miss anything, you will get used to the beeps and know what the junk sounds like. i say just scoop up everything because you never know it could be the big one. i hit things in 10"inches in wet sand like a button from the 1600 hundreds. it works i'm 100% happy with my pioneer 505 BH :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread