BEACH RENOURISHMENT

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made the trip up from south florida to stay at my sons place in melbourne beach to hunt the beaches to the south. I was watching the local news and the guy (not going to mention a name) who works for brevard county, and is in charge of the beach renourishment said on the news " THE BEACHES WILL REPLENISH THEMSELVES IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS".
Beach renourishment - what a crock of B.S.
This guy admitted that the beaches will fix themselves. Tax payers pay this guys salary. I dont get it!
Satellite Beach had the most eroision - while the other beaches had none in brevard and indian river county.
UNREAL.

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did it uncover any wormrock?

OP
OP
tarpon192

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No hard pan exposed anywhere. In satellite beach the dunes were hit by the waves, but not bad in my opinion - I don't work for the county. Born and raised in brevard county, and I have seen the beaches stripped of sand, along with indian river county. There was no beach erosion in brevard or indian river. The only thing that was eroded was alot of turtle nest, and eggs were scattered all over the beaches, because of the sand that was brought in from inland pits. That sand washes away very quick, because it is not natural.
Many generations of turtles were wipe out - which is sad.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info.

aloysiusinfla

Jun 6, 2011
Alot of that crap they dumped on the beaches moves in and out, similar to true beach material. However, the material used for renourishment only resembles true beach sand in that it can be carried in a bucket. Brevards beaches were once pristine..like Playalinda (beautiful beach) in the '60's.

Our "coastal engineers" (sic) who work for the counties do a terrible job. They rely on the Corps of Engineers for information. Let's see, the Corps did a great job with Lake Okechobee, and also did a great job stabilizing our inlets on the east coast.... WHY would anyone listen to THEM?

We've gotta similar problem in Martin County, and our coastal engineer has porked the pooch so often it's embarrassing. Our beaches are disgusting...an embarrassment. But hey, the Corps says it's ok...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread