What's new

beach view today

firemac

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2012
Messages
1,761
Reaction score
415
Golden Thread
0
Location
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beachcam 1.webp I just can't seem to get there often enough, web cams will have to do...
 
Upvote 0
Sure looks nice! it'll be at least 2 months before we have open water around here
 
Irving,Tx. and the beach,boy if your not from Texas,one might think that Irving is a coastal town?
What part of the Texas coast do you like? I have always like Rockport and Port A.
 
Irving,Tx. and the beach,boy if your not from Texas,one might think that Irving is a coastal town?
What part of the Texas coast do you like? I have always like Rockport and Port A.
we're over in Galveston county on Bolivar peninsula, next trip down, I'm going over to Brazos Port and give the beach there a shot, and we like to imagine Irving as a coastal town (keeps us sane!)
 
Very inviting photo, firemac.

I like that "trough" ( I think there is a more exact name for that small body of water amid the sand, but I can't remember what it is)

Hope you can get there soon and enjoy finding the hidden treasures there.

Lorraine
 
Very inviting photo, firemac.

I like that "trough" ( I think there is a more exact name for that small body of water amid the sand, but I can't remember what it is)

Hope you can get there soon and enjoy finding the hidden treasures there.

Lorraine

The area that runs parallel with the water's edge is called a runnel and the area that runs perpendicular to the water's edge is a rip channel. As beach hunter's, we commonly call them a ripple trough
 
dailypic2.webp
The area that runs parallel with the water's edge is called a runnel and the area that runs perpendicular to the water's edge is a rip channel. As beach hunter's, we commonly call them a ripple trough

this one was posted by a neighbor this morning
 
The area that runs parallel with the water's edge is called a runnel and the area that runs perpendicular to the water's edge is a rip channel. As beach hunter's, we commonly call them a ripple trough

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. Lots of rip channels and runnels here in Daytona beach. Some of the runnels can get quite deep with pools up to 3 1/2 feet from what I've seen so far.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom