What's new

Beaded Wire-Could it be a bracelet?

Breezie

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
6,278
Reaction score
2,120
Golden Thread
1
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey,
I picked up a few pieces this weekend at the beach, and think I've got most ID correctly (thanks Pete for the fishing rod ID) except this unusual beaded wire thingie. My best guess is a broken bracelet that is copper plated. It attracts a magnet. On both edges are tiny triangles. It's broken on each end, which indicates it could have been long enough to go on the upper arm. (Cleopatra type) If this look familiar to anyone, I'd appreciate the input.

The .925 man's wedding band has what looks like a $ mark as the hallmark, which is not familiar to me. The $ mark has one vertical line. Any thoughts on that particular company?

Thanks, Breezie
 

Attachments

  • 05-08-2010BeachFindsForum.webp
    05-08-2010BeachFindsForum.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 297
  • MysteryBand1.webp
    MysteryBand1.webp
    13 KB · Views: 288
  • MysteryBand2.webp
    MysteryBand2.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 292
  • SterlingMansRing925$.webp
    SterlingMansRing925$.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 290
Hi Breezie ;D

this thread might be of help regarding the hallmark on the ring-

http://jewelry.about.com/gi/dynamic...zu=http://www.925-1000.com/enyc_Overview.html

This is one of the possibilities they mentioned there-

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 pm Post subject: Update to Maker's Mark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello...to any and all who might be interested in my discovery of the maker's mark, for which I initiated this post: the company is the former, Shube's Manufacturing Inc of Albuquerque, NM. Their trademark, indicated in several photos here, actually represents "Sb", incorporatiang a capital "S" with a conjoined, small "b".

They are a wholesale concern that's been in business in Albuquerque for almost 40 years. In 2006, SMI was acquired by a Ohio conglomerate, but still maintained operations in Albuquerque as the slightly altered Shube's Inc until late 2008, when they merged with South Dakota Gold Company. Today, this consolidation markets as Dakota West Design, Inc, maintaining facilities in Albuquerque, NM under the auspices of the Ohio company.
 
Upvote 0
Cool finds Breezie and I think Bramblefind strikes Gold again :notworthy:
I thought there was something strange looking about the 'S' mark
and I was just about to confuse the issue with some vague info I had found ::)

Cheers, Mike
 
Upvote 0
It's a bracelet. We have found a bunch of them on the beaches, some were gold or silver plated. I think wearing 4 or 5 on one arm was the style a while back. Tony
 
Upvote 0
Tony in SC said:
It's a bracelet. We have found a bunch of them on the beaches, some were gold or silver plated. I think wearing 4 or 5 on one arm was the style a while back. Tony
I'm sure it's a bracelet. I'm pretty sure Tony in SC is right as I remember some girls I knew wearing about 5,000 bracelets at once. :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Thanks ya'll . . .and :thumbsup: Tony on the ID. I was not sure if it was a bracelet or not, and figured if it was some type of spool wiring from Home Depot, you fellows were recognize it. And now that you mention it, I do remember seeing young girls wearing 490 of them at one time!

Thanks Bramble for the Hallmark ID on the wedding band, which is probably the best item I found. The laser cut dragon ring looks really cool, but I think it is stainless. I enjoy finding jewelry no matter the value.

;D Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom