Bear River with the kids

Lookin4goaled

Jan 5, 2014
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250 w/ DD Coil, 30" BGT Prospector, Blue bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, couldn't find that rock with all the gold under it :), had a fantastic Sat down at Bear though. Only had about 2 hours of sluicing due to the little one's "work ethic" being inordinately strained lol. But what great weather and just overall good trip!

IMAG0766.jpg IMAG0765.jpg IMAG0770.jpg IMAG0767.jpg IMAG0768.jpg IMAG0769.jpg IMAG0774.jpg

OP
OP
norcalsteve

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Glad you had a great day. The Bear seams to be real good spot to take the kids. Like your pics. Did you find a little color?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like you had a great day with the son. If you can instill in him the proper miner work ethic you'll have a second retirement in store.....Great Gold Catch!

Lookin4goaled

Jan 5, 2014
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was super impressed with the gold we got from there.. not necessarily the quantity, but the size that the BGT was picking up. I would say that had some of the gold been any finer, I would have needed to bust out a magnifying glass to see it. No surprise on the fine gold from Bear, but re-confirmed that the BGT is a hell of a purchase!

Steve- the pic of what we pulled is above.

Last edited:

Campngolf

Feb 4, 2014
NorCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
L4g, we must've just missed you. We were there til about noon. Maybe you were upstream for us. Iw was a beautiful day on the river.

Lookin4goaled

Jan 5, 2014
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
L4g, we must've just missed you. We were there til about noon. Maybe you were upstream for us. Iw was a beautiful day on the river.

We left at 1230 or so... Mostly downstream from the parking area, around then bend on the other side or the river... If you saw a guy carrying his kid through the river, that was us lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread