Beast Mode...

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uploaded it on Monday, and with the updated drivers per RobNC. There was no smoke or sparks. Not sure when I'll have a need for the two big add ons, not even sure when I'll get out period, banged up my hand a little. I'll get out there in a few days to try things out. Looking forward to the replies as I know several are using it already.

OP
OP
sibbley

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've tried it. Seems to be similar to relic mode on the Deus 2. If you set IR to 2, you'll get an iron grunt on the shallower targets. Fringe depths will show lower VDI even if non-ferrous. I haven't spent much time with it to see if it's really good or not.

OP
OP
sibbley

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And 1.14 beta 2 is out. I haven't updated to the new beta 2 yet.

OP
OP
sibbley

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just updated. I'm going hunting later today, I'll give it a try.

OP
OP
sibbley

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beast Mode did OK.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please excuse my lack of understanding of this capture of the Nokta Legend update info as of today. On Monday I downloaded the "1.14", circled in blue, because I took it to be not a Beta version, but a fully final version. Do you see the word Beta here? So was the version circled in blue really the version circled in red? Or on Monday was it in fact 1.14 - Beta 1? Must be the residual effects of old head injuries. Would love to be set straight by someone in the know. Or even by Nokta if you are lurking out there.
20240421_135919.jpg

Last edited:

Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please excuse my lack of understanding of this capture of the Nokta Legend update info as of today. On Monday I downloaded the "1.14", circled in blue, because I took it to be not a Beta version, but a fully final version. Do you see the word Beta here? So was the version circled in blue really the version circled in red? Or on Monday was it in fact 1.14 - Beta 1? Must be the residual effects of old head injuries. Would love to be set straight by someone in the know. Or even by Nokta if you are lurking out there.
Sandog.
I looked into it on the 20th it was listed as beta2 so as far as I know it has not as of yet been released as a final non-beta version.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandog.
I looked into it on the 20th it was listed as beta2 so as far as I know it has not as of yet been released as a final non-beta version.
That sure could have been made clearer by adding "Beta 2" at the blue circle. Other than that I have absolutely no complaint about my Legend or Nokta. No problems ever with uploading a new version.
Oops, photo missing in my previous post.
20240421_135919.jpg

Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sure could have been made clearer by adding "Beta 2" at the blue circle. Other than that I have absolutely no complaint about my Legend or Nokta. No problems ever with uploading a new version.
Oops, photo missing in my previous post. View attachment 2144724
I could not agree more Sandog when I got my Legend I didn't even use 1.09 I updated right out of the box had one physical problem with the external battery got that rectified.
I had no troubles with updating the firmware no chatter no falsing or any of that and seeing this is the first detector of this type I've owned with all the different settings I took my time learning to change all of the settings on the fly before I actually went out on a full fledged hunt with it.
I don't know however if I'm going to bother with 1.14 which might end up being 1.16 by the time something is decreed as finalized beyond Beta testing.
Either way I'll likely just sit back and wait to see what the outcome is for the finalized version before I bother with it if I do at all.
I will say those who were having problems, those problems are not a Nokta or minelab problem those are microsoft problems related to OEM licensing my personal opinion is there needs to be regulations put in place so that people with operating systems that ore the most current, and up to 2 prior versions can use a manufacturers firmware without having these troubles with the drivers in the firmware.
Its 2024 and people no longer camp out in the parking lots of Best Buy to be the first in line to buy the latest greatest failed operating system being offered up by microsoft.
And people aren't financially able to go out and buy new computers every week when microsoft decides to release another failed OS with new coding in its drivers in order to force an economy for themselves.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions