What's new

Beautiful 1788 Connecticut Copper Struck Over a Nova Constellatio Copper

Kyle PA

Hero Member
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
957
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Kirk, Chris, and I got out today to a site where we hunted in late June of this year. We originally hunt the outskirts of the site then, mainly because the main homesite was still in soybean. No problem, we thought, we will head back once Mr. Lunker Farmer cuts the soybean in the Fall. :laughing9: Well, Chris and I drove by yesterday and saw that he was cutting the soybean. We high-fived, waved to the muscle-bound farmer in his combine, and headed off back home with high hopes of digging some earlies on Sunday morning.

Within the first 10 minutes of swinging, I got a high dime reading on my analog machine. I pinpointed, flipped some dirt out, and was startled by a yelp from Kirk about 10 yards away. He found something that probably could shock the forums in America! He will relate his story once he has the time. Meanwhile, after coming back from Kirk's hole, I found what was waiting for me in my dug-out hole. There she was: a beautiful, sexy 1788 Connecticut copper! :headbang: I yelped as well, hurried over to Chris, and showed him my copper. He didn't look at it, so I took it as being jealous. I walked away, and said outloud, "He doesn't even care." Chris heard what I said, looked up from what he was doing and stated, "Kyle, I'm going to punch you in the mouth one of these days. I was distracted. I was looking at my pewter button that I found at the same time you found your copper. I was looking for a regiment number or the letters USA." I overreacted at the time and understand why he was distracted. Next time, he has a free shot at my jib. :laughing9:

I ended the day with brass musket trigger guard parts, a pile of buttons, and pewter spoon bowls and handles.

My Fall season has been special to me. Last weekend I dug the pistareen and now this awesome CT copper. We have more fields we have to get into after the farmers cut the crops.
 

Attachments

  • 035.webp
    035.webp
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,209
  • 037.webp
    037.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,169
  • 040.webp
    040.webp
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,173
  • 044.webp
    044.webp
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,182
  • 047.webp
    047.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,179
Upvote 2
Awesome finds :headbang:
 
WHAT a site! WHAT A site! WHAT A SITE! :laughing9: We will be going back. That CT copper is why we detect on the PA frontier.

Kirk
 
CT Copper and a Nova all in one, can't beat that :thumbsup:
You guys are killing me here not beeing able to get out and dig in the dirt.
I'm almost ready to drive a water truck out and soak down some sites.
Keep up the good work and show us some more.

Hill
 
Kyle thats one beauty of a copper there :hello2: :headbang:
Special for sure and great condition as well,congrats again and great work as always Don in SJ :headbang: :hello2: :laughing7:
 
Sir Kyle of Copperfield,
You Sir are one lucky SOB! (That's an abbrevation for Soybeans) :tongue3:
Every time I check TN you guys are outdoing yourselves. Congrats big guy. :occasion14: :icon_king:
Keep it up.

Thank God we have Don on TN. ;D

-Sir Doug of Findingnutin-
 
Thats a Beautiful coin!!!! Congradulations
Guy
 
sweet oldie!!!!! MR TUFF
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom