What's new

Beautiful Buckle

Silvermonkey

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2013
Messages
5,615
Reaction score
13,879
Golden Thread
2
Location
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its December in New England, but I was still able to get out with my AT-Pro for a few hours. I was hunting in a new wooded area and came across this lovely , intact buckle. It was only about 5-6 inches deep, and rang in at about an 83-85. Can anyone give me an estimate on the age? I have never found a buckle like this in such great condition. HH 010.webp011.webp012.webp
 
Upvote 42
That buckle is a great find...great shape too..Congrats
 
Very nice find, outstanding condition, WTG!!!!
 
Your title is the best description for that
it's a 1700s design from what I can tell
 
I don't get too excited about buckles and buttons....but that would have made my Month!! That is so cool and in such great shape. Wow now I have something to add to the things I would like to find next year. Thanks for the pictures and congratulations on such a nice find.
 
By the pin going all the way through. It dates mid to late 1700s, closer to mid. Great find.
 
ID SAY 1700S EITHER AN ADDULTS BUCKLE OR CHILDRENS , NICE FIND INDEED .
 
I'm not a "buckle person", but this one is drop dead gorgeous and functional! Nice find!

aj
 
This is a gorgeous buckle for sure - perhaps a date could be offered by IP ... Terrific find - condition is stellar !!
 
Great looking buckle, congrats!
 
One of the best looking buckles i have seen in a while. The time period puts me in awe !
 
Your title says it al. "Beautiful Buckle" Kudos for digging that old one.
 
Incredible complete Shoe Buckle :thumbsup: These are some of my favorite relics. Awesome find.
 
Nice find, congrats!
 
Thanks to everyone for your feedback. I was very excited when I saw the condition of this buckle. I have found a handful of buckles over the course of the past three years, but nothing comes close to this one!
 
Wow I dug this exact same buckle earlier this summer. Not in quite as good condition as yours but the hinged parts still turn. Had no idea it was old though. I'll post pics if I can find it. Grats on yours...very nice
 
I'm partial to old buckles so this to me is a fantastic find. Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom