What's new

Beautiful Buckle

Silvermonkey

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2013
Messages
5,615
Reaction score
13,879
Golden Thread
2
Location
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its December in New England, but I was still able to get out with my AT-Pro for a few hours. I was hunting in a new wooded area and came across this lovely , intact buckle. It was only about 5-6 inches deep, and rang in at about an 83-85. Can anyone give me an estimate on the age? I have never found a buckle like this in such great condition. HH 010.webp011.webp012.webp
 
Upvote 42
cracking buckle never seen one like that before ,well done :icon_thumright:
 
A quality find for sure! My dug collection is very buckle lacking!
 
Killer nice find! Congrats.
 
Nice shoe buckle. So hard to find them completely intact like that. I agree with the age estimates of 1750 to 1770. I have found that plain square design on 1750s French and Indian War sites.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom