What's new

Beautiful coin!!!!!

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
2,603
Reaction score
806
Golden Thread
2
Location
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out a couple of days ago to some old houses on the Catskill Creek and dug a beautiful large cent!!! Thanks for looking hh 20160523_180227-1.webp20160523_180144-1.webp20160523_183259-1.webp20160523_183349-1.webp20160523_183123-1.webp20160522_165323.webp
 
Upvote 74
Great finds. I love when you see the crust ready to flake off perfectly like on that large cent. Unless they are rotten to begin with It happens a lot when they are in good shape and I leave coins in my car on a hot sunny day for a bit! [emoji106]
 
My fav is the 1864 - great finds!!
 
Congrats on the silver and the gorgeous copper coins!
 
Really nice!

aj
 
Not sure when i first dug i thought broach
 
I would like to find just one in that condition! Just beautiful! Is the silver thing a brooch? What does it look like on the other side?

Thanks, Not sure when i first dug i thought broach20160525_071237-1.webp20160525_071250-1.webp20160525_071316-1.webp
 
Both of those coppers are awesome. I'm guessing the IP is copper. The IP has to be a copper one due to coloring. Is other item silver?
Thanks, yup Indian is 95% copper 5% zinc and the mystery item is silver
 
Boy your not kidding. That Large Cent is one of the best iv'e seen out of the ground.
 
LC is decent, but that big silverish thing has my attention more. As others have asked, what is it?
Yes it's silver but Not sure when i first dug i thought broach20160525_071237-1.webp20160525_071250-1.webp20160525_071316-1.webp
 
Nice looking pair of coppers, guessing from the before and after you used peroxide? Always enjoy learning the best ways to treat old coppers.

Thanks, yup warm peroxide
 
The ground was kind to those coppers for sure...nice digs, and yea...what is the silver all about?

Thanks, not sure on the silver, first thought was broach. I posted more pics
 
Looks like the brooch had another (ornamental) piece attached to the front originally. Based on the etchings on the back side I bet it was really ornate; even without it, though, that is a really nice find.
 
Oh crap that's in great shape! All mine are toasty!
 
very nice finds
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom