Beautiful Day

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
I got out hunting at a local park by 5pm. I almost didn't make it though when I realized I had lost my BATTERY PACK (I know who has it now). I panicked and raced to try and find my AA pack which was previously missing. It turned up still in the E-Trac box, I never took it out and had been using the one from my SE Pro (which I recently sold).

Anyhoo, day saved by AA's I sped to the park, and went straight for a spot my Dad has been having a lot of luck from. Well, actually it took me about an hour before I got over to the spot since I kind of forgot where he said it was. When I started finding wheaties I knew I was in the right spot. So, um.. I guess I found the spot too :)

I ended up finding 4 wheaties before my wife called to have me pick up dinner on the way home. I told her I was trying to sniff out some silver here and would leave soon after I found one. Bam, next signal was a Merc at 6 inches. By then it was getting dark and hard to see. I knew it was a dime but had to shine it into the street light to see that it was a merc. Dreams of a 16d started dancing in my head, but it was not to be. Then I was after a 2 silver day... got another signal that rang right up there in the dime numbers 12-45, but it turned out to be a wheatie at 6 inches. I couldn't believe it. Last thing I dug was that sweet sounding old fishing weight, I thought it might be an indian.

Great day, maybe I'll be able to get out again tomorrow :)

030509_1.jpg

030509_2.jpg

030509_3.jpg

Awesome job bud!!! :thumbsup:

Oh to have a park like that near me!

I ended up with a wheatie yesterday, 1944 D at about 7''. Rang up as a quarter on the ace LOL. Only my sixth wheat ear from the park (~590 mem's).

Yeah buddy, giddem'! Or is that diggem'!

I see...while the cat's away the mouse will play at my secret spot huh?? ;D J-K...Nice Merc!
and the 28 wheat is in great shape!
Well you have a couple more days to have that spot to yourself so enjoy. The only thing I've found on the beach so far was a bikini, ...still looking for what was in it. :tongue3:

Nice crisp merc, Brett. The last time I dug a merc was...let's see...9-26-08! There's been no shortage of wheats in between, but I'll tell you, the sight of a silver dime, early nickel, or IH cent in the hole would really make my day! Nice hunt.

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back