Beautiful multicolored arrowhead

MOrockCollector

Tenderfoot
Jun 9, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This beautiful rock was found by my wife in stone county missouri, I do believe it is a clovis and one of the best native arrowheads I have ever seen, this point is also one of the most colorful rocks I've ever seen it has red,orange,black,white,greyish bluish, tan and also sparkles at ya from a couple of spots were quartz crystals are formed, light passes through 90% of it. I believe this arrowhead is a one in a lifetime find.
Does anybody know about how much something like this could be worth?
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20210626_075244865.jpg
    IMG_20210626_075244865.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 629
  • IMG_20210626_075448746.jpg
    IMG_20210626_075448746.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 641
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MOrockCollector

Tenderfoot
Jun 9, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were at the river and walked up a creek that flowing into the river and their was a chip looking piece at the base of a tree and when she scraped about 3 inches of dirt up it was right there

OP
OP
M

MOrockCollector

Tenderfoot
Jun 9, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hooten town missouri is where we found it, their is a creek on friends property that flows into the river and about 120 yards or so up the creek their is a large flat area of land and about 40 feet from the creek bank at the base of a tree about 3 to 5 inches under the dirt was where this was found. I have another nice arrowhead I found about 30 feet away from this one a few days earlier from just flipping over leaves but it is a completely different style and solid greyish brown.

Huzzah!

Mar 16, 2019
Old Virginny
Detector(s) used
AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude, dig. Just a few test pits. Sift it. Sounds like a great place to look

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hooten town missouri is where we found it, their is a creek on friends property that flows into the river and about 120 yards or so up the creek their is a large flat area of land and about 40 feet from the creek bank at the base of a tree about 3 to 5 inches under the dirt was where this was found. I have another nice arrowhead I found about 30 feet away from this one a few days earlier from just flipping over leaves but it is a completely different style and solid greyish brown.

Yep. Could be a killer spot to dig if paleo is only a few inches deep. Post up the other point as well please.

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even with a certificate of authentication I would not offer that.

Where did you pull that figure from?

Just a decent folsom with papers will go for that. My point that you challenged is whether an item is more valuable with papers. Yes they are.

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
I disagree. That is you opinion and I can respect that.

If you plan to sell where the prospective buyer may not have the opportunity to inspect it then it helps.
But that is not a guarantee of no shenanigans or authenticity.

I still have the view that one should feel comfortable with the relic and not put all their faith in another's opinion.

I have had experience with authenticators who are not worth the paper they churn out. I would rather inspect and make my own judgment thank you.

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree. That is you opinion and I can respect that.

If you plan to sell where the prospective buyer may not have the opportunity to inspect it then it helps.
But that is not a guarantee of no shenanigans or authenticity.

I still have the view that one should feel comfortable with the relic and not put all their faith in another's opinion.

I have had experience with authenticators who are not worth the paper they churn out. I would rather inspect and make my own judgment thank you.

Somehow we are having a communication issue and likely because I have been too brief. Let me try again.

This point was posted in the what's it worth section. The thread was later moved here. Now I dont have the point in hand and there are several questions to answer before even thinking of a price. The first is authenticity . Since I doubt it would be sent to me, I suggested one of the the more respected guys. Next is type. It is made much closer to folsom than Clovis but I cant see any fluting nor fine edge work. I also dont know how thin it is so that's critical. Next is material . I now believe it is a fine agate but I'm still not positive. Makes the point more valuable or more likely to be modern depending on how you look at it.

I said say..6g as a total hypothetical since there are so many unanswered questions on this point. I totally agree with your opinion on some authenticators . I have witnessed some very bad papered points myself. Back to the value of this one? No way to know without having a much clearer knowledge of that point.

I'm not selling, I'm trying to answer his question of what its worth.

Last edited:

Edgychris1

Mar 13, 2021
South East New England
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this the other day. Not quite like yours but one of the two multicolored ones I have.

Above pics are some awesome pieces!!!

Attachments

• 20210712_173552.jpg
    20210712_173552.jpg
    732 KB · Views: 30

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The value is only what someone is willing to pay, I personally would never pay 6 grand for it, that is just me and only if I could even afford $6,000.😁

Nice find..

I also agree, take it to the Greater St. Louis Archaeological Society show.

I also think it is a Folsom, not Clovis.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread