Beautiful piece but no idea?

Underground316

Nov 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg image.jpg found this in an old neighborhood.it was about 8 to 10 inches deep.its brass i think and purple porcelain with floral and a diamond,which could be fake.its got two rivets that looks like something has been detached,any ideas would be appreciated thanks!

OP
OP
U

Underground316

Nov 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds right.i wish I could go back to the spot but they are leveling it out for something for the high school right there.1honey hole gone :BangHead: oh well I love it anyway.thanks guys!!

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It seems small for a lamp base. Although no size is indicated. Possibly the base for a music box ballerina?

DCMatt

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking something the other way around.....like a top for something. I wouldn't think they'd go to all the trouble of putting a fancy design on the bottom of a base section. Looks more like a hat to me.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
U

Underground316

Nov 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think an inkwell would be cool.i couldn't find any like it though.all your answers are good,i bet its one of those,still not sure though.ive always thought it was a hat

Upvote 0

Itsmine

Apr 14, 2012
New Lenox, Il.
Detector(s) used
Garrets Coin Comander 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its funny, but my first impression was that it was a Brides Basket base. The rivets are where the handle may have been attached. I'm not talking about the basket itself, but the base that they sit on. This will give you an idea of the wide variety of these things. Yours looks like it's enamelware....hard to tell from the pic.
Here's a link to ebay brides baskets.

brides basket base | eBay

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread