digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep trying---welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
b875649r, from your description of what's happening when you try to include a photo into a post here, it sounds like you've been "overlooking" a crucial step in the TreasureNet photo-posting process. You've probably done the "Go Advanced" and Manage Attachments" parts, and the "Browse" part... but look at lower right after you've selected the photo and its filename appears in the posting-window... there, you'll see a small box which says "Upload." If you don't click it, the photo will not upload, and your post will happen without it.

Upvote 0

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For possible information, there is a Rock/Gem Forum, those fella's might be able to give you an answer.

Upvote 0

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNET and hope you will stay with us and share more stories, finds and pics! The rock pictured is apparently a geode with several forms of crystallized Quartz in it but I believe the predominant form is Chalcedony which is somewhat banded.

Upvote 0

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Huntsman53 got it right. Here is the more-specific ID. The clues are that you described it as a "round" rock, and the characteristics we see in the photo. It is a chert/flint nodule which was hollow when it first formed, but eventually it became filled up "solid" inside with Quartz crystals and some "banded" Chalcedony. (I recognize it because way back in college, I was a rock-hound and Geode-hunter... still got some of those in a box in my attic.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you find anymore or have anymore find someone to cut them for you either in half or slabs.You can sell them to a rock shop, people like them on their shelves as conversation pieces.

Upvote 0

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Huntsman53 got it right. Here is the more-specific ID. The clues are that you described it as a "round" rock, and the characteristics we see in the photo. It is a chert/flint nodule which was hollow when it first formed, but eventually it became filled up "solid" inside with Quartz crystals and some "banded" Chalcedony. (I recognize it because way back in college, I was a rock-hound and Geode-hunter... still got some of those in a box in my attic.)

I was also a rock-hound for many years until the back problems ended much of my digging and searching. I still get out every now and then to Gold Prospect and usually collect the interesting rock and some gem specimens. Not sure but I probably still have well over a thousand pounds of rocks and specimen rocks, mineral specimens, gem specimens, Gold and a few Gold specimen rocks all over the house.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread