Beef jerky recipe, Im lookin for a good one...

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beef jerky recipe, I'm lookin for a good one...

Any ideas, I'm lookin to make some jerky but the last few batches didn't turn out all that great. Also please say what kind of cut of meat to use, I live in Chicago and sadly I am stuck with beef (man I would kill for some venison or buffalo). I used some kind of roast 1 time and it was oily as all heck. I have a food dehydrator with like 4 or 5 trays but if your recipe calls for an oven I will try that too. Thanks in advance!!!! ;D

froggy

Jan 18, 2008
Canyon Del Oro, Arizona
Sweeet Jerky

4 table spoons soy sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1 small can tomato sauce
1/4 tablespoon pepper
1/4 tablespoon salt
2 - 16 ozs cans of Pepsi (not Coke),
2 cloves garlic, sliced thin.
4 lbs rump roast cut into thin strips; partially freeze the meat to make slicing easier
1 - Very Sharp Knife

Marinate 6 to 24 hours.
Place meet on a rack on a cookie sheet with sides. Cook for 4 ½ to 6 hours in oven at 160° to 180° degrees F. The low heat is to dry the meat, not cook it. The drying time approximate; can be more or less depending how many & how thin the meat was sliced and the set temperature. Don't forget to flip the jerky after a couple hours.

Approximately the last hour or so, the oven door should be propped open with a fork or spoon to dissipate the heat, to avoid cooking it is a good idea to leave the oven door propped open any time during the drying to keep a good flow of heat and air. You can tell the meat is done when it no longer bends and you could break off a piece with ease. But the meat should not be so dry as to be crisp & break. It is better to be more dry than under dried, so as to prevent mold. Let meat cool before storing. This is now ready to eat; you can allow this to air dry an additional day or so in an open container.
This recipe is for sweet tooth people. ;D.

S

stefen

Re: Beef jerky recipe, I'm lookin for a good one...

A year of so back there was a TN Jerky Contest that was outstanding...I'm sure that this post will get a broad response...

M

MiniMe

stefen said:
A year of so back there was a TN Jerky Contest that was outstanding...I'm sure that this post will get a broad response...

You're right Stefen and I was the winner :hello2: ;D

Treasurefiend - As soon as I get a chance I'll look for that recipe and post for you to try.

S

stefen

Well deserved too... :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions