What's new

Been Gifted

corklabus

Full Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
126
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
none yet
Been Gifted

:icon_scratch: I have been given an old metal detector and need to know anything that I can find out about it.
It is a TREASURE TRACKER XR8 It has sensitivity, groung balance, discrimination, on/off/volume and a place for earphones. runs on 2 9volt batteries.........but does NOT beep....It BUZZES.
It seems to be extremely light weight, but also seems made for fairlyshort statured people. Maybe younger folks?
 
Re: Been Gifted

I think we'll need a picture... I cannot find Treasure Tracker XR8 anyplace on line - plenaty of just plain Treasure Trackers though...

Does it look like this?

TreTracker1-sm.gif
 
Re: Been Gifted

I've never tried to post pics on a site before. I'll take a couple and see what happens.

It looks to be older and more box shaped that that one and has a solid coil. The coil is a bit "floppy", but I haven't looked to see if the hinge needs, or can be, tightened.
 
Re: Been Gifted

corklabus said:
I've never tried to post pics on a site before. I'll take a couple and see what happens.

It looks to be older and more box shaped that that one and has a solid coil. The coil is a bit "floppy", but I haven't looked to see if the hinge needs, or can be, tightened.

Yea... give it a shot! Take a few picures and see what happens... I bet someone can ID it.
 
Re: Been Gifted

Can't get the pics from computer to forum. No idea how it's done. Can't seem to attatch from folder to forum.

  Tried again : Files too large. Don't know how to shrink 'em.

  Somebody jump right in here. I'm a total computer illiterate.

This thing comes from First Texas Mfg. ELpaso Tx 79936

Metal Detector/ Treasure Finder U.S. Patent # 4300097
 
Re: Been Gifted

To make your pictures smaller:

#1. Open the picture using Microsoft Paint

a.webp

#2. After the picture opens in the program, click on the word "Image" and select "Stretch/Skew"

b.webp

#3. In the little box that opens, change the "100%'s" to 50% (or any other number to shrink your picture)
in the Horizontal & Verticle boxes.

c.webp

#4. Then click "File" and " Save As " to save it as a smaller picture. You should be good to go. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Been Gifted

I've never played with my paint program either. I told ya' I wasn't the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree.............But I'll try playing with it later because I DO need to learn how to downsize stuff. Thanks for the tip.

I think the last poster hit it pretty close. A workable childs toy. Suits me just fine for now since it seems to work and I've never played with one before.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom