What's new

Beginner Point ID resources??

Tuffke

Greenie
Joined
Feb 26, 2012
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What do you recommend for learning how to ID points? Would like to find a good book or website so I'm not asking people on the interweb every time I find a new point.
 
Upvote 0
are numerous Typology Guides available, find one that covers your geographical area,
 
The one cachefind listed is pretty good, but it does have some flaws. This one is a little better I believe, just not as extensive. Just my opinion, but quite a few will agree with, whatever you do don't get an Overstreets guide to help you ID pieces. That rag has more misinformation and has done more damage to the collecting world than any other publication I know of.


http://www.lithicsnet.com/lithinfo.html
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom