What's new

Beginners luck (24) pre 70 halves. 5 proof halves?

C10steve

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 13, 2010
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Metal detecting got me to this site and after some lurking I stumble onto the coin roll idea and the rest is history. Long story short, I picked up $150.00 in halves from the bank this morning and found a complete roll of 1967 halves. I'm hooked. Pics will follow soon!

I also found 6 halves in very very nice shape with the S mark on them and 2 1972 with the same quality with no mint stamp?
 

Attachments

  • coins 24.webp
    coins 24.webp
    112.1 KB · Views: 405
  • coins7.webp
    coins7.webp
    202.3 KB · Views: 399
Upvote 0
Re: Beginners luck (20) pre 70 halves.

Congrats on the nice find. Hopefully its a sign of more to come.
 
Re: Beginners luck (20) pre 70 halves.

your hooked :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Beginners luck (20) pre 70 halves.

Good score, love the pics :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
I should have wiped off the finger prints, before I took the pics...but its so hard not to hold them :laughing7:
 
Good score. Just remember, if you plan to collect coins NEVER touch them without gloves. CRH is a different story because they have already been handled and abused to some extreme. :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
Congrats.

Good Hunt

Darth Walker
 
C10steve said:
Metal detecting got me to this site and after some lurking I stumble onto the coin roll idea and the rest is history. Long story short, I picked up $150.00 in halves from the bank this morning and found a complete roll of 1967 halves. I'm hooked. Pics will follow soon!

I also found 6 halves in very very nice shape with the S mark on them and 2 1972 with the same quality with no mint stamp?

Good job.

But the 1972's are not proof. NOtice how the heads are not frosted? they are just as shiny as the rest of the coin. That's a giveaway. PLus they don'thave the S mint mark.

FYI.

Great score though.
 
Nice coin
 

Attachments

  • coins proof.webp
    coins proof.webp
    258 KB · Views: 287
awesome score!!! ive never found a solid roll!!! awesome! also love the proofs!!! now for the bad news, the 1972 halves are just average halves...ull find lots more from searching more halves...sorry.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom