What's new

Being SKUNKED is a bad thing?

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2013
Messages
3,644
Reaction score
5,648
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Earlier this week, I got skunked at my favorite city park. It always had yielded something good, on (almost) every hunt,
but this time - nothing, not even recyclable metals....!
Well, I bounced back, and had three good hunts on the heels of that loss....or, was it a loss?
You see, it took something like that SKUNK to get me to think about why I detect AND why I felt that loss.
I detect because it is the only logical thing for me to do, in my retirement days - just for the FUN of finding something good,
and getting out of doors!
The loss was felt only briefly, as I knew my luck would return, if I stuck with it.
Yeah, it was a humbling experience, but a (needed) Attitude Adjustment...!
 
Most all of us need a wake up call from time to time to propel us forward. :thumbup:
 
Hi; That will happen again for sure. Trust me. Now you know why they call it Treasure "Hunting" & NOT Treasure "Giving". I've lost track of how many times I've been skunked. Kills ya but Live and Learn. HH PEACE:RONB
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom