Belief in Dowsing kills another 125 people

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
I worked a lot with explosives in the military and as a cop. Ain't NO WAY I'm going to put my butt on the line with a couple of "coat hangers" with or without a box of useless electronic parts attached. About all those rods are good for is old fashioned probing in the dirt. Not much of a defense against today's IEDs. But don't let me stop anyone from going out and trying to find REAL explosives not a shotgun shell in the snow. Just my 2 cents, well maybe no sense to some people.

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
Re: Belief in Dowsing kills another 125 people / NOT

Comon Carl,

You can do better than that to get some attention.
If dowsing didnt work, we wouldnt be having this discussion.
There would be no Topic to Discuss.

What it really boils down to is skeptics are just so frustrated
that they cant figure out such a simple thing that
they have to lash out with unsubtantiated noise about
something they cannot do , nor understand .

As far as the problem in IRAQ , it is unfortunated that a few
on both sides wanted to exploit dowsing for money,
instead of investing in alot of Explosive Dogs, and some
much less expensive dowsing rods $10 along with some
MUCH NEEDED instruction .

Carl, I have been dowsing for good reason for thirty years.
I cant convince/show you of something you have predetermined to not work.
But i would trade you an expensive metal detector just to see the
look on your face, when you realize that it does work for you.
Mabe we can get Dell to hold the camera :)

Take me up on the offer Carl, as i need a metal detector bad, cuz
these darn rods keep finding too many things to dig up .

Seriously this is a sincere offer to teach you how to dowse in one day,
or your metal detector back :) Im bored and need the challenge.
I know you can do it because ive taught kids to be able to do this well.

Dell , I just wanted to thank you for maintaining a level headed dowsing
presence on this forum . That goes for all the other dowsers out there too !

[email protected] > back into hiding *poof*

OP
OP
Carl-NC

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

geodowser said:

Hi Geo,

I already know how to dowse, as far as intuition and guesswork goes. What I'd like to see is someone who can dowse beyond intuition and guesswork. Someone who can show me, in a simple randomized blind test. If you could do that, I might be impressed. No one else has been able to.

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
Its Feb 24th and still no video from Dell (or Art). "Hold the camera"??? Heck, they can't FIND the camera !!!!

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa

Hey Carl, Good to hear from you.
My main issue, to be fair is the title of the post you made seemed biased ...
We could discuss this till the sky turns green .....
Im a nuts and bolts type of guy like you, being a building contractor...
Too many times dowsing has saved my as* and or one of my excavating operators...
So i just thought, there might be some way to convert you, since once you
got the hang of it, and have so much so presence on the forums, more folks
would get the hang of it .... folks look up to experts like you.
Its not testing me that would prove it to you but rather you wanting to truly learn
and experience the phenomenon yourself, especially in that you are skeptical for so long.

What would you say to a novice with some ground penetrating radar, that said it didnt
work, because he could not interprete the readout.... you see where i am coming from.
You are your worst enemy, for not having another tool and skill at your disposal that
has proved itself to individuals time after time in real time experience.

Those that really do dowsing well enough to prove themselves, dont have time to
entertain skeptics.... there are plenty that think they can dowse, and probably do ok
but crumble under scrutiny..... well i gotta run, and find some treasure for a client
in europe..... point me to a machine that can do that.

Im ready when you are ready... btw i agree with you on the lrl scam artists by the way....
the prices should be way lower and indicate that they are just fancy dowsing rods.
they do work as single dowsing rods tho.... geodowser

Carl-NC said:
geodowser said:

Hi Geo,

I already know how to dowse, as far as intuition and guesswork goes. What I'd like to see is someone who can dowse beyond intuition and guesswork. Someone who can show me, in a simple randomized blind test. If you could do that, I might be impressed. No one else has been able to.

OP
OP
Carl-NC

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

geodowser said:
Its not testing me that would prove it to you...

Yes, that's exactly what I need to see. I've heard from too many people who said they could dowse, but couldn't do it when I was watching. I'm not going to waste any more time on dowsing until I see someone who, under proper test conditions, can dowse better than intuition and guesswork allow.

If someone tells me they can whistle, and I ask them to show me, they would probably start whistling. Yet when people tell me they can dowse, and I ask them to show me, I usually get alibis as to why they don't want to show me. So if you want to convince me that dowsing Really Works, then just show me that you can dowse. And if it Really Works, a randomized blind test should be a piece of cake.

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
Re: Belief in Dowsing kills another 125 people /

Carl,

I hear what you are saying, but short of having a good teacher handy, im saying, give it an honest
go..... thats how i learned, .... by doing. If you want i can help you do your own blind test.
Good dowsers dont feel the have to prove anything, rather help those who are not hopelessly
skeptical.... i was at first when i saw it done, so i went home and tried it myself, and by
golly it worked and accurately.... i am a technician, and nothing short of exact cuts it for me !

Try and find paper money caches in pvc pipe containers in the ground with a metal detector...
If i had some extra cash from all the things if found from dowsing :) i would fly over today,
show you how its done, and pick up some fancy equipment..... the truth is.... the things i find
mostly are mundane, work related, pipes, cables, septics, and the occassional buried stump....

ive had a chance to read abit and around now on Tnet and it seems alot of ordinary folks are
doing this, and have been shown by tradesmen and in other situations and got the hang of it..

thanx and see you on another thread somewhere next time > geodowser

ps im looking for a good used Garret GTI 2500 if you see a deal any where.... i have
the two box for it.... geodowser[at]dowsingworks.com

Carl-NC said:
geodowser said:
Its not testing me that would prove it to you...

Yes, that's exactly what I need to see. I've heard from too many people who said they could dowse, but couldn't do it when I was watching. I'm not going to waste any more time on dowsing until I see someone who, under proper test conditions, can dowse better than intuition and guesswork allow.

If someone tells me they can whistle, and I ask them to show me, they would probably start whistling. Yet when people tell me they can dowse, and I ask them to show me, I usually get alibis as to why they don't want to show me. So if you want to convince me that dowsing Really Works, then just show me that you can dowse. And if it Really Works, a randomized blind test should be a piece of cake.

OP
OP
Carl-NC

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I've said, I've seen too many failed dowsers to take any claims at face value. So, yes, "good" dowsers do have something to prove, if I am to believe they can really dowse. Consider me hopelessly skeptical.

I will give you a free GTI2500 if you can show me you can dowse.

geodowser

Jul 28, 2003
midwest usa
Re: Belief in Dowsing Gets Me a Garret 2500

Carl, youre getting me a little excited ..... it would cost me a bit to drive there and back plus lost work, so it would be
and even grand to show you i can, and then would you at least be willing to try it ? This is a fair offer from you,
but far too gracious, thats an expensive machine.... but i guess [ dowse ] you really are skeptical lol.
What do all those 1000 dowsers do at the convention every year ? ..... reafirm each others madness ?
No, Carl, this is some really cool stuff.

Look next time you are in Missouri, i will really take you up on it, but for that kind of machine you would have to take
some intensive dowsing lessons too.... I have seen very few fail after a few tries.

If we were in the same neighborhood, i would just show you, just for your interest sake and not to prove anything.... its natural.
I am amazed and appreciative of all the dowsing tools and lore you have collected , share and appreciate btw
Theres a dowser in you somewhere lol

Say you may learn fast with the land mine experience test ..... you get set in a field of mines [that are fake]
with a set of dowsing rods and work you way out .
You know that Louis Matacia did teach the marines to locate tunnels in
vietnam yes ? I didnt just read that, but I know him. He is a hard core dowsing marine.

Anyway, aside from proving dowsing , if you have a 2500 and dont have to buy one for the offer
i would be interested in buying it under any terms.... i am way over do on replacing the one i "lost" .
especially since i have the two box for it already.... [start putting money towards it ]

What kind of demonstration would you want ? Tossing a half dollar or dollar in a field of dry grass as far as one can throw ?
I have done that blind folded , first try .... I did that, had someone toss, one day i was feeling i should get a handle on
what is possible.

Mabe i could get a friend to stop by that lives in NC to give you a refresher course in dowsing....mmm I would rather
show you myself , but only to get you to try it for yourself .

till next time > geodowser in mo > thanks for the nice offer

Carl-NC said:
As I've said, I've seen too many failed dowsers to take any claims at face value. So, yes, "good" dowsers do have something to prove, if I am to believe they can really dowse. Consider me hopelessly skeptical.

I will give you a free GTI2500 if you can show me you can dowse.

OP
OP
Carl-NC

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Belief in Dowsing Gets Me a Garret 2500

geodowser said:
What do all those 1000 dowsers do at the convention every year ? ..... reafirm each others madness ?

Don't know, never been. But I have watched dowsers at treasure shows, and there tends to be a suspension of rationality, replaced by an overwhelming desire to believe.

You know that Louis Matacia did teach the marines to locate tunnels in
vietnam yes ? I didnt just read that, but I know him. He is a hard core dowsing marine.

There's also a Fox News video of Matacia and another dowser palming coins and otherwise faking it. I'm not the least bit impressed with him.

Anyway, aside from proving dowsing , if you have a 2500 and dont have to buy one for the offer
i would be interested in buying it under any terms....

I have one in my collection, but it's otherwise not for sale.

What kind of demonstration would you want ?

Randomized-blind, using multiple marked locations.

Mabe i could get a friend to stop by that lives in NC

I now live in Oregon.

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
"You know that Louis Matacia did teach the marines to locate tunnels in vietnam yes ?" I defy you to get a Marine Vet who will testify to that !!!!

"What do all those 1000 dowsers do at the convention every year ? ..... reafirm each others madness ?" Yup, that seems to be what they do. Just like the UFO type conventions, or is that Star Trek minus the costumes ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread