Bell of some sort

Beachmom5

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BAF7DF8D-3CD9-40E3-B322-DFB95FEAB187.jpeg I?m an avid sea glass hunter but today I found this small bell on the beach in New Jersey. Would love to know what type of bell this is. Looks old to me. Metal and rusted. Looks handmade in my opinion. It?s 1 1/8? inch across base and around 1 1/2? height including the portion to hold. It feels like there?s a nail in the top portion like it was attached to something else. Thanks!

Attachments

• FB8C9F83-E8EA-4278-8567-9ACE4AD8DD6A.jpeg
    FB8C9F83-E8EA-4278-8567-9ACE4AD8DD6A.jpeg
    985.1 KB · Views: 66

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet:hello: Your find might be a cow/animal bell - although finding it on the shore makes me wonder if it was re-purposed - maybe dropped by a child.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Beachmom5

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet:hello: Your find might be a cow/animal bell - although finding it on the shore makes me wonder if it was re-purposed - maybe dropped by a child.

I wondered that. However this was on Sandy Hook Bay Beach. Definitely lot of history here. Much of land around it was farmlands and on Sandy Hook was naval station. I wasn?t sure if it?s too small to be an animals however I have no farm knowledge. I felt it looked old because I also collect antique pins, and the design of bell looked to me more antique and maybe hand hammered. The ringer portion is connected by a slot in top so bell is made of two pieces.

Upvote 0

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look's like a fishing rod bell. And welcome also!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Beachmom5

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Just looked that up. It looks exactly like that. I think we have our answe. Wondering if it’s old or just looks old from the rust. Either way a fun find!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread