What's new

BELL OR POT? (THAT IS THE QUESTION)

jrwill56

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
422
Reaction score
194
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chowan Co.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 2000
White mark 11
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
FOUND THIS PIECE OF CAST IRON,SAME SITE. ITS 31/2" LONG BY 3" WIDE I WILL BE LOOKING FOR THE REMAINDER WHEN WEATHER BREAKS.

THIS MAY HELP: IT IS CAST AND HAS RIDGES CAST IN THE METAL.
 

Attachments

  • whatisit 016.webp
    whatisit 016.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 369
  • whatisit 017.webp
    whatisit 017.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 368
  • whatisit 018.webp
    whatisit 018.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 288
If it is iron, I don't think it's a bell. May be part of an old wood/coal burning stove.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
If it is iron, I don't think it's a bell. May be part of an old wood/coal burning stove.

DCMatt
HOW FAR BACK DOES THE CAST IRON STOVES GO? I HAVE NO IDEA. JR
 
Upvote 0
Amoungst many of his inventions, Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) invented the iron furnace stove or 'Franklin Stove'.
 
Upvote 0
It's most likely from a stove , but they did make cast steel bells ( 1895 montgomery ward cat.)

then again it could be from a cauldron pot ?
 

Attachments

  • Picture%20001.webp
    Picture%20001.webp
    54.4 KB · Views: 310
  • Picture%20002%20(2).webp
    Picture%20002%20(2).webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 308
Upvote 0
Piece of cast pipe maybe?

Brian
 
Upvote 0
You will never figure that out... probebly stove.

EVERYone had a stove - it's the likely source.
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
If it is iron, I don't think it's a bell. May be part of an old wood/coal burning stove.

DCMatt
yup found pounds of them
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom