triple x

Sep 10, 2006
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker iv/Fisher F2/Garrett Ace 350/ Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this today on an old farm located in eastern NC the current house that is on the property was built in 1921 but there was an older house located behind it that is no longer standing that i can date to 1850 or earlier, i found the old homes location today, old brick, square nails ect. started detecting and 30 mins into my hunt this thing blew my headphones off!!! i have found it is made of copper......not brass as i 1st thought it looks like an old buckle to me but im no expert. it is the size of a business card or drivers license and i took a photo with a ruler so you can see the size. its the size of an adults buckle not small enough for a child, so.........and ideas? really would like to know becuse this is the coolest thing i have ever found.....yes im still a rookie haha, been at this only a short time but im hooked for sure. thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 111
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 113

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not so sure that it is a belt buckle. Post a picture of the back of it and someone here will likely tell you more about it. Good luck and a cool find! :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
triple x

triple x

Sep 10, 2006
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok here is the back. it looks like it had a back piece on it that is missing,???????? 045.JPG 046.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
triple x

triple x

Sep 10, 2006
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow you nailed it for me, ty Surf

Upvote 0

Spcarroll

May 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you could possibly have a prototype. It is different from the finished product. I just got a mass produced one today and was looking for info when I found your post. Check out the trigger and outer edge. Plus the metal is different. Original designer was G.A. Thoresen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For whatever it's worth to know... the buckle seems to show a Colt's Patent "cap-&-ball" .44 Dragoon revolver, famous for its very heavy frame and barrel, as manufactured during the 1840s-50s, along with a gold-pan. So, based on that and the 1849 California Gold Rush, I think the buckle's theme is the Gold Rush, rather than the Wild West whose heyday generally dates from the end of the civil war (1865) through the early-1890s.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread