What's new

belt buckle hallmark id

creeper71

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
2,936
Reaction score
63
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Central PA
don't know if this is right place for this, but I am hoping someone may know the maker of this belt buckle... or anything else about it.. I know for fact it is plated an not sterling
 

Attachments

  • beltbucklebearpaw 001.webp
    beltbucklebearpaw 001.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 373
  • beltbucklebearpaw 002.webp
    beltbucklebearpaw 002.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 391
  • beltbucklebearpaw 003.webp
    beltbucklebearpaw 003.webp
    59.5 KB · Views: 369
  • beltbucklebearpaw 001.webp
    beltbucklebearpaw 001.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 320
  • beltbucklebearpaw 002.webp
    beltbucklebearpaw 002.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 346
  • beltbucklebearpaw 003.webp
    beltbucklebearpaw 003.webp
    59.5 KB · Views: 339
Yes this is the right place. It may be Navajo silver, torquoise and coral.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Yes this is the right place. It may be Navajo silver, torquoise and coral.
the spot by the buckle pin is acid test, I was told it's not silver from a friend who did the test for me... I'm not sure if stones are real, but those are the two thought they was when I bought the buckle
big cypress
 
Upvote 0
creeper71 said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Yes this is the right place. It may be Navajo silver, torquoise and coral.
the spot by the buckle pin is acid test, I was told it's not silver from a friend who did the test for me... I'm not sure if stones are real, but those are the two thought they was when I bought the buckle
big cypress
Sorry I missed that. What is it? pot metal or stainless steel??

I dont really know anything about Indian silver or silver plated items. It just had the SW Indian look to it with the Ram, torquoise and the bear mark.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • beltbucklebearpaw_002[1].webp
    beltbucklebearpaw_002[1].webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 286
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
creeper71 said:
bigcypresshunter said:
thank you... to me it looks like ricky coochwytewa what do you guys think?
It looks close but I would just be guessing if I gave an opinion. Maybe you could email him.
Guesses are good.. I am pretty sure this was hand made cause there are imperfections in the hammering on back..don't know what base metal was used but i'm pretty sure it is silver silverplated
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom