What's new

Ben Franklin in a Curb Strip

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2014
Messages
12,099
Reaction score
18,282
Golden Thread
1
Location
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
4th target I dug today in a curb strip. I have dug 2 Franklins over the years, both came from curb strips.

20250708_140547.webp
 
Congrats on the big silver! Big Ben's are good at playing hide and seek!
 
Congrats Loco you need to come down here and show me how to select the good curb strips :) NICE GOING !!!
 
What a beaut !!🫡🤙
 
nice to see your back at it! hopefully a slower pace this time my friend!
Thanks fuzzy535. I was a little obsessed :tongue3: with the hobby when we hunted together years ago. I don't get out much now, but when I do it's only for 2-3 hours.
 
Love curb strips. About the only spot Ive been able to find silver around here!
 
Is there a secret to the types of curb strips produce better ?
 
Is there a secret to the types of curb strips produce better ?
No Gare, both were surprising finds. One was when they made an underpass for the railroad tracks and the other was a curb strip by an alley next to a lot that is stuck in probate. The owner died 2 years ago. The only similarity is both properties date back to 1900 or earlier.
 
I found a 1919 wheatie in a curb strip one time--but never a Franklin. That's an awesome find. Congrats.
 
Your doing GREAT !!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom