Benchmade Pocket Knife

winslow

Oct 30, 2004
Oregon, No Cal Border
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Did a 3 hour hunt at local park and was thrilled to come up with a 67 (40% silver) half dollar deep target. Found a pocket knife as well and didn't think much about it at the time since I find a lot of cheap pocket knives.

However, upon review when I got back home I discovered this wasn't your typical "made in China" $10 pocket knife. This one seemed of much higher quality and it certainly is. A Benchmade 551 Griptilian retails for over $100. Probably the best pocket knife I've ever found. Pocket knife overshadows half dollar for the finds of day. Ha! :laughing7:

Attachments

• finds half dollar.jpg
    finds half dollar.jpg
    853.9 KB · Views: 93
  • Finds benchmade pocket knife.jpg
    Finds benchmade pocket knife.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 25
Nice! Just made me remember the Benchmade I bought my husband that he lost about 2 months later (Didn't tell me about it til like year later LOL!) They aren't cheap for sure! You've now given me the idea to go hunt for it with the metal detector since he "thinks" he remembers the area he dropped it.

That is a great knife. I recently lost one of those (green handle) that I carried for 15 years. Made me very sad. they are excellent quality but expensive for a pocket knife.

I prefer zero tolerance knives but benchmade is a good one too

Great job on the knife! I carry that similar knife with the tanto tip. They are an excellent everyday pocket knife. Wash it, oil it and carry it.

I only have one Benchmade, theres alot of good knives that are cheaper. Same quality usually.
Cold Steel, Kabar (Becker), SOG are my preferences but they do outsource on some things.

Benchmade are made in the USA, costs a little more naturally.

Last edited:
I lost one just like it detecting(except orange handle and no serrations) , forgot where on the map I was but I know exactly by my eyes where I lost it. Just got remember where that mark on the map was lol. When find the place next I gotta go swing for it

Great finds.:icon_thumright: I know the owner of that knife is sick.

Freakin cool find that's a nice knife. The 40 is icing on the cake. Well done. Tommy

Nice, I just bought one of those not the same model, they are great knives.

Nice Knife find. I'm pretty sure you can send it back to Benchmade and have them refurbish it. But a fee knife is even better.

Be proud, to own and use that quality knife!
Great score on all that booty...! :thumbsup:

Sick. Silver halves are great. The Benchmade knife could be your find of the year!! I found one last year. They refurbished it for free. Looks like mine was worth $200+.

Sick. Silver halves are great. The Benchmade knife could be your find of the year!! I found one last year. They refurbished it for free. Looks like mine was worth $200+.

Wow! That's pretty sweet that they would do that for free.

Sweet find. I found a Buck Knife ATS-34 on a hunting trail before. Nice score on the 40%er too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back