What's new

Beneficial walkers found while seated at the barber near the Kennedy Center

Bjorn_MD

Full Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2003
Messages
236
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
Well picked up 3 boxes and evaluated which ones had silver showing one box had 4 showing, the other 2 had just one or two showing.

I like to start with the box with the least potential and work up the one with the most potential.

First box started out kinda slow, nothing special. 3 or 4 40%'ers. Then picked up a nice Walker.

Finished that box with 5 - 40%, 1 - 64' Ken, 1 Franklin, and the walker.

Started the next box. Kind of slowly, found a 40%'er or two. Then out of nowhere, an 1857 Seated Liberty Half!

I was so surprised, I didn't even notice it from the quick edge search of the roll. It's quite a beauty, the back is more brilliant than the obverse, but I don't really care about the condition that much.

A roll or two later, got a nice roll with multiple silver edges showing through -- 4 Walkers!

Finished this box with 3 - 40%, 1 - '64 Ken, 4 Walkers, and 1 Seated.

Last box had the most volume potential -- a record amount of '64 Kennedy's for me. And throughout the searched score my second Barber, 1912-D. Was really hyped at that point, and didn't want the feeling to end.

Finished this box with 15 - 40%, 37 - '64 Ken, 1 Franklin, and 1 Barber. A record box for me as far as silver goes: 54 in one box.

totals (a beautiful quintuple -- seated, barber, walker, Franklin, Kennedy):
71 Silver: 1 Seated, 1 Barber, 5 Walkers, 2 Franklins, 62 Kennedy's (39 64's, 23 40%s).
 

Attachments

  • Seated Half Day 007.webp
    Seated Half Day 007.webp
    95.8 KB · Views: 560
  • Seated Half Day 011.webp
    Seated Half Day 011.webp
    95.8 KB · Views: 555
Upvote 0
That's REAL nice....

Robin
 
That qualifies as a dream box in the age & variety category!!!

Fantastic!!!!


:occasion14:
 
Wow congrats a Seated liberty and a Barber in the same day that is fantastic plus a nice pile of keepers .... I know that feeling about not wanting them to end ... anyways kudos on a super score, Ed
 
sa-weet!

HH
-GC
 
TXTim said:
That qualifies as a dream box in the age & variety category!!!

Fantastic!!!!


:occasion14:

I second that !

Awesome way to start the weekend ! 8) :thumbsup:
 
This ought to be a record for different types found in one day. Way to go :thumbsup:
 
That last box is def. a DREAM box. That many 90%'s in one box! SICK!

And ther Barber find is sweet... I have yet to find one in the wild.

As far as the seated half... is that the same one that there was a thread about a week or two ago? Someone found an OLD half and then in the same thread someone ELSE said they found the same year and mint OLD half within a month or two of the other. We started thinking fakes were being pumped into the system or something because that was just freaky weird.

Anywho... sweet finds... and food for thought.

~Dave
 
BBcardsRI said:
That last box is def. a DREAM box. That many 90%'s in one box! SICK!

And ther Barber find is sweet... I have yet to find one in the wild.

As far as the seated half... is that the same one that there was a thread about a week or two ago? Someone found an OLD half and then in the same thread someone ELSE said they found the same year and mint OLD half within a month or two of the other. We started thinking fakes were being pumped into the system or something because that was just freaky weird.

Anywho... sweet finds... and food for thought.

~Dave


I hope I am wrong on this, but I would bet that the seated half is a counterfiet. Looks to be in pretty good shape for its age. It may still be made of silver even if a counterfiet though. See below article.

http://www.coinlink.com/News/counterfeits-fraud/counterfeit-seated-half-dollars-alert/

Jim
 
Thanks all for the words of advice and encouragement.

I am pretty confident that the Seated is not counterfeit, but I haven't taken any steps to prove it yet, but considering I paid 50 cents for it, I'm not disappointed.

I think it'll be quite some time before I even come close to a night like that again. But I'm definitely going to try to prove myself wrong!
 
As you should!

I would be in shock if I found something like that!

Whether it is fake or not, silver is silver! And I assume yours is since you would be able to tell fairly easily if it is not.

Don't know my old halves, so I have no idea if that is a key or semi-key or anything, but a cool find nevertheless.

~Dave
 
SCHWEEEET!!!! I have never heard of this happening before.....Seated Liberty....Barber.....Walker....Frankie.....64 & 40% all in the same day. Congrats!!

What a day......great quantity along with alot of variety.....I bet you were tickled huh....I know I would have been!

Again, kudos......and good luck and the next ones.
 
LJ said:
SCHWEEEET!!!! I have never heard of this happening before.....Seated Liberty....Barber.....Walker....Frankie.....64 & 40% all in the same day. Congrats!!

What a day......great quantity along with alot of variety.....I bet you were tickled huh....I know I would have been!

Again, kudos......and good luck and the next ones.

Wecan now coin a new phrase... " LBWF Dream Day" Congratulations

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
LJ said:
SCHWEEEET!!!! I have never heard of this happening before.....Seated Liberty....Barber.....Walker....Frankie.....64 & 40% all in the same day. Congrats!!

What a day......great quantity along with alot of variety.....I bet you were tickled huh....I know I would have been!

Again, kudos......and good luck and the next ones.

Wecan now coin a new phrase... " LBWF Dream Day" Congratulations

Mojo

Yes, we can coin that phrase but I have a feeling we won't be using it very often....lol.....but you never know. That was an awesome day!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom