Bering Sea New Season!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bering Sea Gold New Season!

Did anyone watch the preview of the new season last night?

I cant believe the Christine Rose still has to be paddled out to sea by the excavator. :tongue3:
They said they removed the riffles from their sluice to catch more fine gold? Only way that will work without riffles is by classifying and slowing down the flow. They would have to of changed more than just the sluice. :icon_scratch:

Looks like Hot Head Scott landed some new investors and a new boat.

Can you believe that Vernon and Steve teamed up? That has to be a disaster looking for a place to happen :laughing7:
And what about the hyper diver who showed up to work with Vernon and Steve and went berserk over the weight belt? :laughing9:

I hope Emily and Zeke find a lot of gold this season without a serious accident. (doubtful)

Anyway judging by the preview it ought to be a fun watch with plenty of insane drama. The colorful cast makes the Hoffman crew look like normal miners.

GG~

Last edited:
Upvote 0

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ordell said:
Not a chance in hell. S1 saw Shawn Pomrenke get knifed in the back and no police were ever involved. Then this season, just that scene on the beach and those frustrated dredgers talking about life in Nome... no way.

Yea iv been slowly changing my mind
Prob go for a few weeks this summer iv got a dredge to dive on ..but taking my stuff ?????
The more I think about it the more I realize how much I enjoy my summer time

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night, Finally showed some great gold! That excavator dredge really showed off. :icon_thumleft:
Glad Bunce won the panning contest, he really needed a confidence boost.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HaHa after the deal with the The Clark :laughing9: I thought No wonder he pulled the trigger
what that was all about I don't know.
swimming lessons ? Pool Party ? :dontknow:

I wonder if Steve is going to get fired Or what is going on there .
personally in spite of the fact He's a moron, I believe that Daryl
guy is setting him up. my personal opinion daryl (Back stabber) is just another Scott
only worse , he does things in an underhanded way. scott at least said what he thought.

interesting :
Daryl has been dredging for gold since 1980, sometimes with terrible results. He comes from a family of a miner; even his grandfather moved to Idaho during the Kellog silver strike.

Last year, Vern asked him to be the captain of the Wild Ranger before hiring Scott, but Daryl turned him down to run his own dredge - the Eureka. The Eureka sunk in spectacular fashion last year, causing a spectacle on Front Street in downtown Nome, and costing Daryl $200 thousand dollars and what he estimates is 75 ounces of gold.
Now, without a rig of his own, he's forced to work on other dredges. Vern has brought him in this year to be the Wild Ranger's "technical expert". Affable, he'll be the first to tell you he's a technical expert who has sunk two dredges in the last two years.

Speaking of Scott ? He appears to be back next week already ? :o

Last edited:

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
jeff of pa said:
HaHa after the deal with the The Clark :laughing9: I thought No wonder he pulled the trigger
what that was all about I don't know.
swimming lessons ? Pool Party ? :dontknow:

I wonder if Steve is going to get fired Or what is going on there .
personally in spite of the fact He's a moron, I believe that Daryl
guy is setting him up. my personal opinion daryl (Back stabber) is just another Scott
only worse , he does things in an underhanded way. scott at least said what he thought.

interesting :
Daryl has been dredging for gold since 1980, sometimes with terrible results. He comes from a family of a miner; even his grandfather moved to Idaho during the Kellog silver strike.

Last year, Vern asked him to be the captain of the Wild Ranger before hiring Scott, but Daryl turned him down to run his own dredge - the Eureka. The Eureka sunk in spectacular fashion last year, causing a spectacle on Front Street in downtown Nome, and costing Daryl $200 thousand dollars and what he estimates is 75 ounces of gold.
Now, without a rig of his own, he's forced to work on other dredges. Vern has brought him in this year to be the Wild Ranger's "technical expert". Affable, he'll be the first to tell you he's a technical expert who has sunk two dredges in the last two years.

Speaking of Scott ? He appears to be back next week already ? :0

Don't like Daryl ????? He's the only guy see,s to be drama free and know anything about what he's doing !!!!!
As for back stabbing Steve I see it Mose as Steve doesn't pull his Weight and so e one need to be diving and fitting gold other than Daryl ....
As for sinking dredges well maybie he's no captain but he a good dredger!! Lol thou 2 dredges in 2years don't believe I get in a boat he's running ! Maybe that's why Vern is driving lol......
Cyril has also been on here pitching for investors for build a dredge .... Glad I didn't bite ! I was considering it but never realized the sinking issues !
Still like the guy but I also have not made it thru last night show yet!

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ill leave y'all with it
As yesterday we hit the mother load in a pretty good mess of 5lb plus walleye 's and were going back today to find the rest we missed !
Our weather finally broke here I tn and well have 69 deg temp and plenty of sunshine ! So were going back for that gold collared fish!
Enjoy

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't like Daryl ????? He's the only guy see,s to be drama free and know anything about what he's doing !!!!!
As for back stabbing Steve I see it Mose as Steve doesn't pull his Weight and so e one need to be diving and fitting gold other than Daryl ....
As for sinking dredges well maybie he's no captain but he a good dredger!! Lol thou 2 dredges in 2years don't believe I get in a boat he's running ! Maybe that's why Vern is driving lol......
Cyril has also been on here pitching for investors for build a dredge .... Glad I didn't bite ! I was considering it but never realized the sinking issues !
Still like the guy but I also have not made it thru last night show yet!

from what I took from it , Vern's daughter & Daryl sent Steve down to work the same hole
Daryl just got done spending about 8 hours on. as they are up there,
talking about him behind his back and laughing about him working the same hole,
I never heard one word, from them to Steve, that he should spread out.
only to each other as Vern was saying he was only giving Steve one more chance.
then later Daryl seemed to get snippy about the fact Vern was going to give him another chance.

also at one point Steve opened a bottle of pickers and dumped them in his hand to check them out.
Not in secret, he did it openly in an Honest way IMO,
but Daryl had a fit about it :laughing7: Did Daryl Own them ? :icon_scratch:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't been watching the show this season at all so there's a lot I'm behind the curve on. I've come to the conclusion that with all the drama on the show it should be classified as an instructional show on how NOT to work as a team while dredging for gold.

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say I'm impressed with Zeke and the other guy staying under water for 8 straight hours, no food, drink or bathroom break. I couldn't do that.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say I'm impressed with Zeke and the other guy staying under water for 8 straight hours, no food, drink or bathroom break. I couldn't do that.
.....if you have ever been on good gold,you would be surprised what you can do........Its not wise for health reasons to pull over 4 straight with stabilizing(coming up)

Frontier 49

Feb 14, 2013
If you have real dive equipment and training and the proper crew you can do eight hours your only working in 25 feet of water or less.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it may explain the obvious mental issues though. :laughing7:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have real dive equipment and training and the proper crew you can do eight hours your only working in 25 feet of water or less.
doesnt matter if your in 6' of water,breathing under water is different than normal breathing,and not recommended.......even though,I and many have :thumbsup:I really hate the stink,when ya pizz in your wet suit,so I usually come up for that reason anyway

Frontier 49

Feb 14, 2013
My divers are all commercial divers with thousands of hours of dive time..We do not do the hooka show its all commercial equipment..

cleaned_chrome_g-2b_left-159x162.jpeg

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm assuming all commercial mining operations have their divers follow OSHA/MSHA regulations as I'm sure that the fines can be steep.......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea I can't imagine Alaska is Exempt from Labor laws
:tongue3:

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just puttin this out there. Is anyone checking the numbers they throw out ( Real I dont know ) on the Pomrenke excavator they got 120.85 OZ, with 30000 TONS
that works out to $9.53 per cubic yard, piss poor. The ground looks a whole richer then that. Not sure if they are losing tons of gold or what, no system to check.
That would be one of the first things id be checking seems, other then staying afloat.

johnnysau

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread