Bering Sea New Season!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bering Sea Gold New Season!

Did anyone watch the preview of the new season last night?

I cant believe the Christine Rose still has to be paddled out to sea by the excavator. :tongue3:
They said they removed the riffles from their sluice to catch more fine gold? Only way that will work without riffles is by classifying and slowing down the flow. They would have to of changed more than just the sluice. :icon_scratch:

Looks like Hot Head Scott landed some new investors and a new boat.

Can you believe that Vernon and Steve teamed up? That has to be a disaster looking for a place to happen :laughing7:
And what about the hyper diver who showed up to work with Vernon and Steve and went berserk over the weight belt? :laughing9:

I hope Emily and Zeke find a lot of gold this season without a serious accident. (doubtful)

Anyway judging by the preview it ought to be a fun watch with plenty of insane drama. The colorful cast makes the Hoffman crew look like normal miners.

GG~

Last edited:
Upvote 0

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
kuger said:
.....if you have ever been on good gold,you would be surprised what you can do........Its not wise for health reasons to pull over 4 straight with stabilizing(coming up)

4 hrs lol
Not at 25 ft my dive card say more like 8 then degassing for 1 hr
It's near limitless that shallow another 10 ft and its a lot different
The problems arise from nitrogen building in your blood from breathing compressed gasses and at 25 and under its bot bad

Sandman23

Dec 18, 2012
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SS II. looking to upgrade soon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone found out who it was that shot themself?? it's been a teaser for a few weeks now..

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
kuger said:
Not here to argue with you.....I have thosands of dive hours as well.Its a PADI recommendation.....which since your divers are Pro's are surely familiar with
http://scuba.about.com/od/DiveTheory/p/What-Is-A-No-Decompression-Limit.htm

I just. Checked my cards and at 20 your unlimited there is no decompression limit !

At 25 your 595 min that's almost 10 hrs then you have to surface for 2befor returning for a duration of half that again for the 2nd dive.....
Which I don't think is gona happin 8hrs is a lot of dive time iv done it more than once usally only surface to refil fuel ..
And then back to the bottom!! But after 8 your ready to rest let alone your throat is really dry!!!
Gary

Last edited:

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also most pro diver don't use padi !

They are much more advanced padi if for those of us who play scuba and reef dive there guide lines are very conservative and designed for recreation diving not for the professional divider by any means!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....I could argue that as well,and as said....I dont wish to argue either.......its your life :icon_thumright:

as said I have logged a few thousand hours behind the nozzle .....diving,guess I am not a "Pro".I pay attention to PADI

Last edited:

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
kuger said:
.....I could argue that as well,and as said....I dont wish to argue either.......its your life :icon_thumright:

as said I have logged a few thousand hours behind the nozzle .....diving,guess I am not a "Pro".I pay attention to PADI

Check your padi cards they start your no decompression dives at 35 ft
There a reason !!! Less than 35 ft has so much time and even if you cross it it just a few minute wait at 15 ft to decompress!

There's nothing to argue about just look at the cards!!!

Frontier 49

Feb 14, 2013
Look I hired these divers because they are pros they started out as trained Navy divers and dive seven days a week for a living..They go by the Navy dive manual. I didnt want to even take a chance with a bunch of boozers or drugies..Its not worth it at any price

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....no matter the depth you gain Nitrogen levels in your blood....just deeper is faster!
Look,I have been at this ol game for a long,long time,and I have not always followed the recommendations(I said that above)and I have never died.I will not get on a forum where %90 of the people reading it are flat newbies and anxious to just go,and tell em PADI,is not used,and that anything below 35' is not important because I have news for you........I know personally f a guy that got the bends at 22' and died,I also had a weight belt break at 26',and I shot to the top like a bobber....with my nose,and ears bleeding....wonder why?

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Frontier 49 said:
Look I hired these divers because they are pros they started out as trained Navy divers and dive seven days a week for a living..They go by the Navy dive manual. I didnt want to even take a chance with a bunch of boozers or drugies..Its not worth it at any price

I understand I was trying to make the pointe that padi and ssi are mostly for recreation diving and the navy training is much different
Along with many other advanced diving .
I use the navy dive charts because they r the most trusted among most divers .
Iv been thru ssi and padi . Padi also uses the navy dive charts at least the set I have which I got in a refresh course recently while running my boy throu padi school..
It clearly shows in the charts there's no guess work here.

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just puttin this out there. Is anyone checking the numbers they throw out ( Real I dont know ) on the Pomrenke excavator they got 120.85 OZ, with 30000 TONS
that works out to $9.53 per cubic yard, piss poor. The ground looks a whole richer then that. Not sure if they are losing tons of gold or what, no system to check.
That would be one of the first things id be checking seems, other then staying afloat.

johnnysau

Well they will always be limited by the length of their scooper's arm. They can never go into water beyond a certain depth because of that thing.

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 hrs lol
Not at 25 ft my dive card say more like 8 then degassing for 1 hr
It's near limitless that shallow another 10 ft and its a lot different
The problems arise from nitrogen building in your blood from breathing compressed gasses and at 25 and under its bot bad

Given how close the shore is in the background when we see deck shots of Emily and also how much natural light there is for the cameraman to film Zeke, i would venture he is in relatively shallow water. 10-15 feet.

Look how clearly he can be seen. Light doesn't penetrate water that far. So he's pretty shallow in my uninformed opinion.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
kuger said:
.....no matter the depth you gain Nitrogen levels in your blood....just deeper is faster!
Look,I have been at this ol game for a long,long time,and I have not always followed the recommendations(I said that above)and I have never died.I will not get on a forum where %90 of the people reading it are flat newbies and anxious to just go,and tell em PADI,is not used,and that anything below 35' is not important because I have news for you........I know personally f a guy that got the bends at 22' and died,I also had a weight belt break at 26',and I shot to the top like a bobber....with my nose,and ears bleeding....wonder why?

Your ears and nose bleeding had nothing to do with gas build up in your blood!
That came from not equalizing because of the rapid ascend! Lucky you didn't kill yourself!
Look at the charts I tried to post them but I can't !!!!!
I also would never recommend anybody dive without training but the time tables don't lie and at 25 ft padi gives you 595 min that's 9.9 hrs
At 30 ft 405 minutes that's 6.75 hrs
At 35 ft 310 minutes that's 5.16 hrs

These are the padi numbers they r not listed on the dive cards below 35 ft you have to get them online
They are also the same as the navy charts!

Last edited:

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ordell said:
Well they will always be limited by the length of their scooper's arm. They can never go into water beyond a certain depth because of that thing.

I would love to dredge there area after there done! well maybe not thAts along way to go just to clean out the bottom of a already dug hole

But it sure seems like they would loose alot digging in the water with a bucket .. I'd bet it would been good cleanup work for a small dredge!

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love the show. All the miners have a problem... To much debt and not enough gold. I can say I admire them for going for it and taking a risk, living the way they do, dealing with the crappy help. They are all dis functional but it makes for a train wreck that you can't turn off, plus you have to see if they can put anything in the box. I'd love to go dredging see if I could handle it out there. Anyways I can't wait till next weeks show!!

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
mjarvis said:
Love the show. All the miners have a problem... To much debt and not enough gold. I can say I admire them for going for it and taking a risk, living the way they do, dealing with the crappy help. They are all dis functional but it makes for a train wreck that you can't turn off, plus you have to see if they can put anything in the box. I'd love to go dredging see if I could handle it out there. Anyways I can't wait till next weeks show!!

Do ya dredge now?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread