What's new

Best Batteries???

bootey_hunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2010
Messages
82
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
ive been useing an ACE 250 and it seems to eat up batteries.. ive used Duracel and Energizer which last a few days( 15-20 hours). i bought Energizer rechargables and they seem to last less time..

what do you guys use for the longest lasting batteries??

size AA.

ty HH!
 
Are you using headphones? They will extend the life of the batteries.
 
I can tell you not to use the Everyready Lithium batteries as they will not run much longer that a Duracell at nearly twice the cost. I have bought Panasonic AA at a flea market for $1.00 for a 4 pack and still get about the same time you are talking about.
 
The 250 may be cheap to run so you might want to stick with alks, but about a year ago I bought a good charger set up and am very happy. I can charge for a full day and do it in 30 minutes before I walk out the door. (But I paid about half of what a 250 cost for my set up)
 
I have found that Ray O Vac does best in my detectors,whether I use alkalines or not. They just seem to last longer. Now that I've switched to rechargeables, I still buy RayOVac whenever I can find them.If not, I buy Panasonic rechargeables. Good Luck. rockhound
 
re chargeable, is a way to go.
 
I'm running Panasonic Industrial Yellow Batteries right now. They give a long life. I like them. :thumbsup:
 
If you want rechargeable & power.... AA nickel metal hydride batteries! Sony make some for their cameras. About £10 for 4 & offer better sustained capacity! When the manufactures say "use only Alkaline batteries" they mean, dont use carbon ones because they are rubbish! :icon_thumright:

I also definately agree with the headphones comment!!!

Here are probably best you can buy: http://www.batteriesplus.co.uk/acatalog/Uniross_AA_2300_mAh_NiMH_batteries.html
Dan
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom