I grabbed it and took it home..

Treasure_Hunter said:I found this one day while on the way home from metal detecting. I stopped in a liquor store and found it there just sitting on a shelf.I grabbed it and took it home..
![]()
![]()
By the way, welcome to TreasurNet Brookfield, really nice bottle find there.![]()
![]()

Some were quite rare but mostly all from mid to late 1800's. I have since started another collection and are ones I'm finding MD'ing.But even with the ones from the past I didn't think as much of as these two here for finds while MD'ing.The first 1740-1750 mallet no chips or cracks and left it as I found it with the patina as I found it, and this little earthenware jug know nothing much about it other then not easy to find around here this close to complete.

Hey tneters,timekiller said:Although looking for bottles was what I did before getting into metal detecting and had myself a very nice collection at one time but was foolish few years back and sold them all close to 1,500 or so for little end to nothing to support a drug habbitSome were quite rare but mostly all from mid to late 1800's. I have since started another collection and are ones I'm finding MD'ing.But even with the ones from the past I didn't think as much of as these two here for finds while MD'ing.The first 1740-1750 mallet no chips or cracks and left it as I found it with the patina as I found it, and this little earthenware jug know nothing much about it other then not easy to find around here this close to complete.
But have started feeling a little better as of late.Anyway I have been doing some research on some of my stuff while there was nothing else to do and found out that the little jug is from 1820-1830.Purdy neat to finally put a time line to it.Here is what I was told.