Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I own a Coinmaster GT, and I love it, but I want to go deeper.
I don't want a huge coil, it'll make it hard to pinpoint,and I dont want a tiny hockey-puck like coil for trashy areas.
There is not really a lot of trash in the ground in my area, and targets are close enough that I do not want to be digging a lot for each target.
I don't really want to spend more than like 150 dollars for a ciol, though, and would really like it if the coil were as inexpensive as possible.

So, does anybody have any advice for me?

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You contradict yourself, you want to go deep but you don't want to dig? The stock coil will find relics well below 12" if they are of any size. There is only one White coil for this model that that is the mini DD, so you would need to go after market.. not sure why if you have no trash and lots of targets the stock coil should work fine.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look into the,sef line of coils kellyco is the authorised dealer for them I had 3 the 5x8,10x12,& the 12x15 for my v3i & I liked them more then any other coil they are great under power lines great great separation,great depth to excellent in trashy areas. You can find them used once in a while on feebay but new ull get a warranty aswell. If u do go new & from Kellyco don't just order online talk to someone from there either on phone or email first make sure you tell them u are a member of tnet & ask for a better price u will get better then what's on there home page for sure I got a better price & free shipping

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the op's best bet would be a NEL coil of some sort. Maybe the Hunter (8.5x11.5). Only aftermarket coils I know for the Coinmaster series.
Here's a link...Whites

Last edited:

lil_eric30

Aug 14, 2013
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I have owned a coinmaster for the last year before upgrading new a new detector. The 9 inch stock coil has great separation so I would not go small than that. The only coil I would get would be something bigger. I have used a smaller coil than the 9 and didn't help all that much. I would look for a 10 in. Coil or bigger. Coinmaster also get great depth with the stock coil as is. Iu just have to listen for those faint signals. The machine works best in all metal mode and do not discriminate anything. Those tones are easier distinguish then. The discrimination modes are horrible with the coinmaster gt I believe. Hope this information helps on your decision.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I've used the stock whites coils, & I have used the sef coils can't say I like or don't like the nel coils cuz never tried them u could I guess do a side by side with all 3 brands see which ones would fit ur needs the best whether its a big coil or a smaller coil

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think they make SEF coils for the Coinmaster series.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To ad ah there's a lot that you can do with a smaller coil like,the 6" coils,the 4x6" coils 5x8" coils with the,obvious of improved separation over a bigger coil they can also get into tight spots that u can't with a,larger coil also u can get closer to metal objects bleachers,metal fences, & if the ground is very trashy the smaller coil will be easier to distinguish good from bad targets cuz you won't have so many targets under ur coil

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think they make SEF coils for the Coinmaster series.

They do have them & can be seen in action on YouTube

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not see a SEF for the coinmaster GT on Kellyco and the NEL sites make me nervous as they are not in the US that I can tell and a $25 shipping cost. I would personally like a small DD and it looks like the White OEM mini DD is the safest bet. Price wise the white Minn is $149 list so not much of a savings with NEL. If anyone has first hand experience with ordering a NEL in the states I would like to here what you have to say. Looks like the one closest to the White coil is the sharpshooter and I think it listed for $120 + shipping so not much savings.. What would be the advantage?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I did is I just went to the kellyco site hit accessories then to coils,then right to whites section & 2, are there, even on YouTube there are people using them & are in the u.s. kellyco is the only authorized place to sell them new

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I stand corrected, there are SEF coils for the CM series.

OP
OP
mineralized_miner

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take it back, I would not mind to dig every target, but if I cannot pinpoint it well and have to dig giant holes for every target, I'll be kicked out of the park in a county where MDing is already "Banned" (for people older than 18, i'm younger than that).

I'm sorry I could not reply to your helpful replies, but I was at school and the WI-FI was down, so checking T-Net during lunch was not an option.

So, could one of you post a link to one of the videos on youtube about the SEF coil for the GT? I looked it up, with the search term "Coinmaster GT SEF coil" and numerous others, but was unable to find much more than a modded car and a few teknetics t2 videos. And the ones that were of the Coinmaster coil tests were not the SEF coils.

I did look into the NEL coils, but I cannot find many reviews on them, so I don't want to make an uneducated buy.

OP
OP
mineralized_miner

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After looking at kellyco, it would appear that they do not carry the coinmaster series, or the prizms! What's up with that?

They do not carry coils for their machines either!

I know they used to carry the coinmaster series and have a generally larger variety of WHite's detectors, but what happened?

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude I was just on the site they do or u could google sef coils for whites coinmaster detectors & I'm also 99% sure the,coinmaster ones are interchangable with the prism ones best thing is email them I mean I did just go to the sight on my phone & put in accesories, then coils,then to whites showed them there

OP
OP
mineralized_miner

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not even searching coinmaster in kellyco's search box turns up a coinmaster detector. Results are even fewer when the prizm series is entered into the query.

White's Metal Detectors For Sale - Kellyco Metal Detectors has only a few detectors for sale.

They have the: Spectra V3i, Spectra Series VX3, White's MX5 Metal Detector, White's MXT All-Pro, White's MXT Pro Metal Detector, White's MXT Metal Detector, White's Matrix M6 Metal Detector, White's Spectra V3i Metal Detector, White's GMT Metal Detector, White's BeachHunter 300, White's Sierra Madre Metal Detector, White's Surf PI Dual Field, White's TDI SL 12 Metal Detector, and the White's TM 808 Specialty.

A google search for "coinmaster Kellyco" only turned up manuals and on another forum ( I know you're not supposed to talk about other forums,) they say kellyco has discontiniued carrying them as white's won't let them carry lower-end detectors. Don't see the Coinmasters on Kellyco! What's up with that? Please don't remove this post, I'm not advertising other forums, just bringing other information to the "table".

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a PM from a member pointing me here http://golddiggermetaldetectors.com/nelcoils.php for NEL in the US. Called them up and had a nice conversation with a fella (forget his name) and he told me the NELs are great (yeah he sells them) and they had just become a NEL dealer in Nov. Since I am looking for a DD for trash areas, I think I will go with the NEL Sharp shooter as it is 9.5x5.5 compared to the whites Mini DD at 4x6. I was told depth would be about the same as the 9" stock Spider but with better Target separation which is what I want. White's service guy as well as this gentlemen said the 4x6 would probably loose 2" or so compare to the 9" Spider. Seems like the NEL Sharpshooter would be what I am looking for. Maybe the Next one up would fit what you are looking to Minearlized_miner.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mineralized_miner

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a PM from a member pointing me here SHARPSHOOTER NEL Coils for Metal Detectors - Gold Digger Metal Detectors, Raritan, New Jersey for NEL in the US. Called them up and had a nice conversation with a fella (forget his name) and he told me the NELs are great (yeah he sells them) and they had just become a NEL dealer in Nov. Since I am looking for a DD for trash areas, I think I will go with the NEL Sharp shooter as it is 9.5x5.5 compared to the whites Mini DD at 4x6. I was told depth would be about the same as the 9" stock Spider but with better Target separation which is what I want. White's service guy as well as this gentlemen said the 4x6 would probably loose 2" or so compare to the 9" Spider. Seems like the NEL Sharpshooter would be what I am looking for. Maybe the Next one up would fit what you are looking to Minearlized_miner.

This actually seems perfect!!! Only $100, a DD coil, and it is most likely deeper! Only issue is, however, Is there perhaps a NEL or other maker coil ina similar price range (preferrably DD) that will go deeper?

Are there any videos on the topic? I cannot find any on a Coinmaster GT or similar detector, and a depth test (compared to stock) in either video or writing would be much appreciated!

Also, how is the warranty? Have you had to use it yet?

Thank you
mineralized_miner

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This actually seems perfect!!! Only $100, a DD coil, and it is most likely deeper! Only issue is, however, Is there perhaps a NEL or other maker coil ina similar price range (preferrably DD) that will go deeper?

Are there any videos on the topic? I cannot find any on a Coinmaster GT or similar detector, and a depth test (compared to stock) in either video or writing would be much appreciated!

Also, how is the warranty? Have you had to use it yet?

Thank you
mineralized_miner

The Hunter coil would probably go a bit deeper as it is larger than the 9" as it is 12.5x8.5
What Warranty, the GT or the NEL Coil? Yes I used the warranty on the GT, sent it in but nothing wrong with it. Service guy was very nice and knowledgeable, had a long phone conversation about the GT and other White Machines. Also talked about Coils.
NEL coil I do not own yet but it says it has a 2 year on the warranty. Give the folks at GoldDigger a call and talk to them about what you want to achieve and see what they have to say.

OP
OP
mineralized_miner

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talking about the NEL coils, and I would like to achieve specifically about 10" on a dime, which looks like the hunter is perfectly capable of.

Could you believe 13" on a quarter? :thumb_up::award_star_bronze_1 It gets a gold "metal"! (*shows displeasure towards bad pun*):laughing7:
$115 is really reasonable too!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread