Best day detecting so far!

Are you insinuating that youtubers sell ads? Confused by this comment.

Anyways... I enjoy detecting. I enjoy making videos. It'd be very dumb to have a youtube account that wasn't monetized.

Why are there so many people on this forum upset about 5 - 15 second ads?

I guarantee you that this video is more entertaining than an episode of Diggers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The forum deliberately discourages commercial enterprise to maintain the integrity of the site. When some have posted items for sale the posts have been removed. Is this different? This probably makes me look like a jerk for even asking that, but it's just how I feel about it. I'm probably in the minority here.

Last edited:
I understand where you are coming from but I enjoy making videos as much as I enjoy detecting. But I'll post pictures too more often.

Taking the video's is not my issue. Just putting a link on this site puts a lot of people off. They firstly come here to see the pictures/story & secondly don't trust the links.

Great finds and good to see the young'uns out there enjoying the day with you.

Taking the video's is not my issue. Just putting a link on this site puts a lot of people off. They firstly come here to see the pictures/story & secondly don't trust the links.
Like I said before, I understand where it could be off putting, however, I've posted enough on here for people to know that I'm simply posting my video. No one has to worry about getting redirected to a strange website or to a personal blog page. I just enjoy telling my story through video. I also acknowledge and understand that by doing so I will alienate some members here. But I'm going to try to post pictures along with the videos in the future in an attempt to pacify the anti-link folks.
I'm not trying to be disrespectful and I hope I'm not coming across that way.

The forum deliberately discourages commercial enterprise to maintain the integrity of the site. When some have posted items for sale the posts have been removed. Is this different? This probably makes me look like a jerk for even asking that, but it's just how I feel about it. I'm probably in the minority here.
Well, I would say that it is different in the sense that a for sale post is one sided. All viewers of the thread get nothing from the content of the thread except for the individual who happens to purchase the detector. A video is a form of entertainment (hopefully) for all visitors to the thread. In my eyes, although obviously biased, any thread that entertains the members and gets a discussion started, is good for the site altogether.
I'm obviously not spamming or I wouldn't be here trying to explain my point of view. Spammers of video content just drop links all over the web and never return.
There's a lot of work that goes into making videos and there's many people in this hobby who do it and who enjoy actually watching the story. And I think it'd be a bad decision for this site to discourage the entire youtube community from posting their videos.
That's just my outlook, as biased as it may be.

WOW!!! Really great digs!! Congrats and HH

Great coin find!

I can't view anything i have to open on a link, phone won't let me

Sweet breastplate man! :icon_thumright: The one I dug a few years ago also came as a surprise as I was expecting a deep can at a Victorian House and not expecting a CW relic. Those surprise finds are the best.

I don't think I mentioned this in your last post, but great article in American Digger. In many aspects, it reminded me of me :laughing7: I'm glad you discovered this other type of "hunting" and you share it through video, so I can escape for a few minutes from my desk chair to break up the work week. Sweet plate man and look forward to the next one.

Well, I would say that it is different in the sense that a for sale post is one sided. All viewers of the thread get nothing from the content of the thread except for the individual who happens to purchase the detector. A video is a form of entertainment (hopefully) for all visitors to the thread. In my eyes, although obviously biased, any thread that entertains the members and gets a discussion started, is good for the site altogether. I'm obviously not spamming or I wouldn't be here trying to explain my point of view. Spammers of video content just drop links all over the web and never return.There's a lot of work that goes into making videos and there's many people in this hobby who do it and who enjoy actually watching the story. And I think it'd be a bad decision for this site to discourage the entire youtube community from posting their videos.That's just my outlook, as biased as it may be.Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I don't think your coming across as disrespectful & I'm not trying to be either. As long as you understand that you get less responses by just posting links, & your happy with that, then all is fine.

Sweet breastplate man! :icon_thumright: The one I dug a few years ago also came as a surprise as I was expecting a deep can at a Victorian House and not expecting a CW relic. Those surprise finds are the best.

I don't think I mentioned this in your last post, but great article in American Digger. In many aspects, it reminded me of me :laughing7: I'm glad you discovered this other type of "hunting" and you share it through video, so I can escape for a few minutes from my desk chair to break up the work week. Sweet plate man and look forward to the next one.
Thanks so much man! I'm glad you enjoyed the article! I'm still an avid bow hunter but metal detecting definitely competes with it now.
Really glad you enjoy the videos too@

Thanks so much man! I'm glad you enjoyed the article! I'm still an avid bow hunter but metal detecting definitely competes with it now.
Really glad you enjoy the videos too@

What you may find is that you become a retired bow-hunter:thumbsup: I used to Fish, almost as much as I detect. Last year was the first year I did 0 hours Fishing!

What you may find is that you become a retired bow-hunter:thumbsup: I used to Fish, almost as much as I detect. Last year was the first year I did 0 hours Fishing!
I could see how that could happen to some folks but this past deer season I hit the woods pretty hard.
My fishing habits, on the other hand have suffered tremendously!

I don't blame you Cru... unless I was reeling in fish with bellies full of Roman silvers, there is no way I could fish more than detect with that incredible dirt you guys got over there :laughing7: I have lots of hobbies, mostly having to do with the outdoors, but detecting and history has been the most unwavering. While interests peak in other areas, detecting will always be the one I stick with the most and always come back to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back