Best day yet 6 wheats and my first Silver Ring!

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend Jeff and I were driving around and decided to go door knocking. Ended up at an old one room school from the 1880's that had been retrofitted to a home. He said no one else had detected there before. We were expecting silver but still had a nice day got 6 wheats and my first silver ring and it had a small pearl still in it.
6wheats.jpgfirst ring.jpg

Upvote 0
What year are the wheats? Any key or semi key dates? Id hit that yard again looking for some Indians. And you know if there is wheats there is silver lurking in there somewhere. Nice haul!

thats awesome that you found the pearl as well! Did you struggle to find it? was it in the ring still or did you spot it in the hole?

It was still in the ring packed in by dirt. I don't think it is the whole pearl as it seem very small for the setting, like the outside few layers of pearl had dissolved. We assumed it had no gem after we dug it up but I wasn't convinced. And actually I thought it was going to be just another bottle-cap, they jump from penny-dime/quarter and back but this was a very pleasant surprise.

And from the date of the school we really expected to pull some IH's and some nice silver coins but I think I really need a sniper for a spot like that. The wheats i got were 41,36,44,47,42s,51d

hmmmm, wonder if u need more depth there. those wheats arent super old. nice finds regardless.

Nice finds.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back