What's new

Best entry - mid level - high end metaldetector with best value for money

Peter67

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2016
Messages
277
Reaction score
367
Golden Thread
0
Location
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm curious what you think are the best metal detectors in their classes with the best price quality ratio.
 
A used AT pro. You can get one for around 400.
 
Terry Solomon did a survey in 2016 you might be interested in.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting/514682-your-picks-five-best-metal-detectors-under-1-000-00-a.html

My pick for the best bang for the buck is the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro (Lowest price found is $256.43) It has many of the bells and whistles available on higher end machines, it's light weight, aftermarket coils are available, and it comes with the DD coil.
41cIy7+hvLL._AC_US160_.webp
 
Last edited:
How about an old CZ 5. I think their basically like a CZ21 but not submersible. Haven’t used one but they have great revues and will work in salt water. There going for around $350.00. How do they compare to new detectors in that price range?
 
Peter67 : Looking at the list of detectors you already have (on your avetar), it sounds like you have a wide variety to toy with, already ! :) But to answer your question: It will depends on your objectives and environment. Ie.: what are you looking for (type objects) and what types hunt environs ? Eg.: caches ? coins? jewelry-beach ? nuggets, etc.. (And don't say "all"). And what types ground ? Eg.: wide open ag-crop fields ? Junky iron-ridden ruins ? Beaches ? etc... (and don't say "all") .
 
As tom said....thats a big can of worms there
 
The White's MXT is as deep as any with the right coil, it's a high end detector for mid level money and used can be had for what you would pay for some low end detectors. HH
 
Can not say for entry level at all. Mid level is a highly debated opinion when the parameters are simply based on Mid Level only, but for me I would have to say the CTX. High end, hands down is the GPZ with a 19; just the stock GPZ through proper training on crummy ground like you would get in Switzerland, Austria, Luxembourg and Italy pays for its self after 80 hours. Take it to some better ground in Croatia, Serbia, Romania and your doing much better, northern Africa and your not going to want to leave. LOL

Proper training is a must though, and it helps a great deal more if you have a vet GPZ operator with you on your first 20 or 30 hours.
 
While Tom is dead on, I will say the ATP is the best value.
BUT, in a few months I may change my answer to the Equinox. We'll see.
 
While Tom is dead on, I will say the ATP is the best value.
BUT, in a few months I may change my answer to the Equinox. We'll see.
Yes i would say the Nox.
 
Last edited:
Where do you see CZ5 for 350.00?? I been following Ebay, most the time $500 and up
 
I'll throw my hat into the ring. High end upper mid level my choice is Deus.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom